What healthy meals do your kids love?

Options
Parents - or others who prepare meals for kids of any age - what healthy meals do your kids like? I am always looking for ideas that can help me stay on track while also introducing my kids to nutritious meals.

One thing they do love is salmon. We serve it with some rice, avocado, and seaweed so they can make their own pseudo sushi rolls.

Would love to hear other ideas!

Replies

• Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My son would eat bugs if it had balsamic vinegar on it.

A lot has been said about pureeing vegetable additives into pasta sauce. My son unknowingly eats carrot and zucchini this way.
  • earlybirdlady
    earlybirdlady Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Oh I love balsamic vinegar, wonder if they will too? Thanks for the idea!

And yes love adding puréed veggies to soups and sauces.
  • Traquette
    Traquette Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Home made individual pizzas are always a winner here, and you can customize it has healthy as you want with whatever vegetable/meat your kids are willing to eat (and add whatever YOU like on your own). For the "dough" we use naan or tortilla bread usually, but any kind of bread will do honestly.
    My SO's picky eater daughter approuves haha

• earlybirdlady
    earlybirdlady Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Traquette wrote: »
    Home made individual pizzas are always a winner here, and you can customize it has healthy as you want with whatever vegetable/meat your kids are willing to eat (and add whatever YOU like on your own). For the "dough" we use naan or tortilla bread usually, but any kind of bread will do honestly.
    My SO's picky eater daughter approuves haha

Love the idea of using naan - I never thought of that!