neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    A sugar bomb, wonderful. :#
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    A sugar bomb, wonderful. :#

Itā€™s ok to eat watermelon. Itā€™s not a ā€œsugar bombā€

In moderation itā€™s one of the better fruits because the water content helps fill you up.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,852 Member
    Options
    Probably better to just eat watermelon rather than juicing it šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    One of the few foods I love more than chocolate. But Iā€™d rather eat it in nice, chilled chunks.

You do you, but be sure to count the calories, because they creep up on you. I can eat literally hundred of calories of watermelon in a sitting. Itā€™s my superpower.

Darn, now Iā€™m craving watermelonā€¦ā€¦..
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Yep, be sure to count the calories in the total amount of watermelon you used and divide from there.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    One of the few foods I love more than chocolate. But Iā€™d rather eat it in nice, chilled chunks.

You do you, but be sure to count the calories, because they creep up on you. I can eat literally hundred of calories of watermelon in a sitting. Itā€™s my superpower.

Iā€™m with you - I LOVE watermelon. My OH calls me a fruit bat šŸ˜‹
  • tomcustombuilder
    Options
    There are a TON of calories in a glass of watermelon juice so be careful.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, when the local watermelons are ripe and crisp and so, so delicious, I will slice slabs as thick as will fit in my dehydrator. This also can only happen when I have room in the dehydrator. It's pretty busy during the harvest season.

Dry them until they are really dry. If you don't slice them thick enough, they'll turn out as thin as a sheet of paper and be hard to remove from the dehydrator tray.

The taste is amazing. It's concentrated watermelon. It's what a watermelon Jolly Rancher WANTS to taste like.

BUT!

Be careful. It's so good that in just a few moments you may find yourself saying, "Oh my; I just ate an entire watermelon." And yeah, good idea to weigh the watermelon first so you can log it.
  • springlering62
    Options
    Sometimes, when the local watermelons are ripe and crisp and so, so delicious, I will slice slabs as thick as will fit in my dehydrator. This also can only happen when I have room in the dehydrator. It's pretty busy during the harvest season.

Dry them until they are really dry. If you don't slice them thick enough, they'll turn out as thin as a sheet of paper and be hard to remove from the dehydrator tray.

The taste is amazing. It's concentrated watermelon. It's what a watermelon Jolly Rancher WANTS to taste like.

BUT!

Be careful. It's so good that in just a few moments you may find yourself saying, "Oh my; I just ate an entire watermelon." And yeah, good idea to weigh the watermelon first so you can log it.

I am torn between Insightful/Like/Inspiring/Hug here. Consider yourself as having received all four!
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,348 Member
    Options
    Oh, I wish how I wish those were in my kitchen, today, afterbeing out and about in 97Ā° all day! This is what I'd do with it...
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/214367/watermelon-agua-fresca/
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,348 Member
    Options
    Ingredients

4 cups cubed seeded watermelon

Ā½ cup water

Ā½ cup white sugar, or to taste

4 slices lime

24 fresh mint leaves

8 cups ice, or as needed

Directions

PurƩe watermelon and water in a blender until smooth. Add sugar to taste.

Cut lime slices in half. Place a half lime slice into each of 8 glasses along with 3 mint leaves. Crush with a cocktail muddler, then fill each glass with 1 cup ice.

Pour in watermelon agua fresca, and stir before serving.
  • DoingWhatsRIGHTForMsMARY
    Options
    @neanderthin ...Goes To Show You Don't Know... Lol šŸ˜† Its FRUIT!! Fruit That Contains WATER šŸ’§
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    @neanderthin ...Goes To Show You Don't Know... Lol šŸ˜† Its FRUIT!! Fruit That Contains WATER šŸ’§

I donā€™t think I could stop drinking watermelon juice!

Thatā€™s the only reason why I would politely decline an offer.

Watermelon is the best!

We have rainier cherries in season here. They are also amazing!
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,146 Member
    Options

I was shocked by how many calories of watermelon I ate the other night. It's low calorie!
  • springlering62
    Options

I was shocked by how many calories of watermelon I ate the other night. It's low calorie!

ā€¦..until you eat a big *kitten* bowl.

Watermelon is like Layā€™s. Canā€™t eat just one. Bowl, that is šŸ„²
  • tomcustombuilder
    Options
    80 calories and 11G of sugar in 1 cup FYI
  • MargaretYakoda
    edited June 16
    Options

80 delicious calories in one cup.
    As well as 34 mg of potassium, 8.4 mcg of vitamin A, and zero fat.

Iā€™m honestly mystified why anyone thinks OP hasnā€™t looked up the nutritional value and logged it. They didnā€™t ask about the calories or grams of sugar. Theyā€™re (understandably) bragging about having made a delicious, fresh, seasonal treat.
  • tomcustombuilder
    Options

80 delicious calories in one cup.
    As well as 34 mg of potassium, 8.4 mcg of vitamin A, and zero fat.

Iā€™m honestly mystified why anyone thinks OP hasnā€™t looked up the nutritional value and logged it. They didnā€™t ask about the calories or grams of sugar. Theyā€™re (understandably) bragging about having made a delicious, fresh, seasonal treat.
    it was just info and nothing more for those that were unaware.