No “whoosh”?

Options
VHair2024
VHair2024 Posts: 3 Member
edited June 15 in Health and Weight Loss
I’ve historically lost 112lbs, put a bit back on so am now buckling down to lose those few lbs again. I menstruate so I tend to not lose weight during the first and third weeks of my cycle (menstruation and ovulation). And it’s fine, I get it - it’s hormones causing water retention.

What annoys me though is that I never got the “whoosh” of water loss afterwards that other people describe. In weeks two and four of my period I just lose the usual 0.5 - 1lbs. And sometimes I gain (which again, I get why).

In the big of things it makes only a small difference and I get that weight loss is neither consistent nor predictable but it does make me hate my stupid hormones!
Tagged:

Replies

• peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 325 Member
    edited June 16
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    Because you don't (I'm assuming?) have much to lose, you likely won't see a whoosh, as there's no whoosh there to be had, so to speak. The bigger the body, the more water it can store. Smaller bodies just can't store that much water.

whooshes are not about "storing" water. and it has nothing to do with the size of a person and or. how much they have to loose. it has to do with fat cells replacing fat with water.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,852 Member
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    Because you don't (I'm assuming?) have much to lose, you likely won't see a whoosh, as there's no whoosh there to be had, so to speak. The bigger the body, the more water it can store. Smaller bodies just can't store that much water.

whooshes are not about "storing" water. and it has nothing to do with the size of a person and or. how much they have to loose
    it is about storing water. It’s the homeostatic system trying to counterbalance Fatloss with water retention. When the body understands that the Fatloss is the new norm it releases the water and this can come after a prolonged deficit when the person has a period of increased calories.