Hi. I'm new

Options
Steph_Leppard
Steph_Leppard Posts: 6 Member
edited June 17 in Motivation and Support
Hello everyone,
I thought I'ntroduce myself.
I am 55 years old with multiple illnesses (Diabetes T2 and others) and multiple skeletal problems.

One of the meds I take for Diabetes is Trulicity, an injectable in the same family as Ozempic. Unfortunately for me, I have gained about 10lbs per month since I started taking it 4 months ago, even though one side effect is supposed to be weight loss. Leave it to my body... Ugh... and my endocrinologist told me to keep taking it anyway.

I just had bilateral sacral cortisone injections to kill the nerves to alleviate some of my lumbar Spinal pain.

I have my first knee replacement coming up in January 2025.

I'm hoping to lose at least 40lbs before knee surgery.

I am mobility impaired and have restrictions on the exercises I can do due to my spine breaking down, but I am determined to become more fit.

Right now I do my housework while sitting on a rolling chair to get around in my apartment. I have a power chair that I use for places where a lot of walking would be required (eg: the zoo, county fair, etc.) and I also use 2 canes or a walker depending on the circumstances.

On a more personal note; I have 3 grandkids that I babysit 3x weekly, I have a 15 year old Russian Blue cat named Dexter, I am a Def Leppard superfan, and the ocean is my true love.

I was a professional photographer before I had to go on Social Security Disability. I previously worked at Taco Time, a 1 hour photo lab back in the film days, was an office manager for a photography studio, and I was also a bank teller.

My son (37) is on this weight loss journey with me. He's doing the carnivore diet while I am technically an omnivores, but I don't like meat. I will eat chicken and fish sometimes, and of course bacon, 'cos what is life without bacon?! 😂

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

I'd love to make some new friends!

TLDR/ my body is messed up but I want to lose weight. Let's be friends!

Replies

• Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome.
    -- a few challenges there, eh? Hold onto your reasons and keep at it to find what works for you ♡
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,802 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Steph! And rock of ages to ya!
  • Steph_Leppard
    Steph_Leppard Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind replies. 💜
    I am still logging food and trying to get extra movement in.
    I'm happy with the consistence, even though I've gone over my calorie limit on a few days.

Rock on!
    🇬🇧 Def Leppard 🇬🇧
    🤘 ♥️ 🤘 🎸 🤘
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Yes, good on you! More practice... you got the right idea. Rock on! ♡