What do you do when you are just not feeling it?

Options
I don't know why this got into me this week! TOM was last week and I breezed through like a champ. This week has been a struggle to get out of bed and exercise. I've been doing fine with my calories even though that's been hard too. What do you do to break the weight loss blahs?

Replies

• kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    I was just say the same thing on a friends status but the opposite, Im PMSing and cant stop eating but keeping up with the work outs LOL I keep telling myself this isnt a race but a lifestyle change so I can mess up this week and start over when I stop craving the salt, chocolate, salt, chocolate.... :P
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    You fake it and force yourself through! When the bad spell is all said and done you can look back and pat yourself on the back!
  • Tashia_HH
    Tashia_HH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was very sick for about 8 months (up until the beginning of July) and I gained back 33lbs of the 40 I lost last year. I couldn't get out of bed for a while (I tore a back muscle, then had throat surgery, then e coli) so let me tell you, it is a great relief to be back in the gym. I don't ever want to be be ridden again, NEVAH!!! What I did to get my mojo back was listen to music that made me want to dance, I looked at magazines, I looked at the clothes I wanted to buy, and that pretty much did it for me. Just know that you will have days like this, days where you don't want to work out, but go anyway. Put your shoes on, your workout clothes and sit there and eventually you will get back to it.
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am totally in the same boat as you ladies! For some reason the PMS phase lasted forever and TOM just arrived, so I have been hungry, unmotivated, and emotional for over a week. I think Kimberly428 is right: Maybe giving yourself a break will make it easier to get back on track later and then stay on track longer? That is what I'm hoping!

Best of luck!
    xoxo
    Maggie
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I fake it. Sometimes I get on those highs.. and everything is feeling great, it is easy to get up early and get some exercise in, I'm eating right and drinking my water.. well sometimes, not so much. I have to force myself out of bed.. FORCE. I want to turn into McDonalds on the way to work, but I keep driving, I drink my water.. and it tastes awful. BUT usually in a day or two, I'm so proud of myself for not quitting I feel great, which takes me back to one of my highs. It's tough. Change is hard, but quitting is not an option.

You can do this!
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    You fake it and force yourself through! When the bad spell is all said and done you can look back and pat yourself on the back!

Yes, this. :smile:

Also, I just get up and do it, as it's part of my routine, but then promise myself that if I do just 10 minutes and can't stand it, I'll let myself stop. Usually by that point I don't care about quitting, and end up sticking with it anyway. :wink:
  • tjbeer
    tjbeer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am so with you on the not feeling it front and I am seriously thinking of quitting as I am not seeing the results I want ......................or should I say as fast as I want. Unfortunately for me I am unable to blame it on PMS or TOM, as don't get either, it's just me being silly and unmotivated. But after a steern talking to myself I am convienced to do another week and optimistic that I will get back in the game and feel it again. Hope you do too.

:bigsmile:
    Tx
  • nanmosta1
    nanmosta1 Posts: 55
    Options
    Sometimes I just have to say one day, one minute at a time. I tell myself I can do it for one minute,and then the next. You can do anything for a minute at a time.
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Normally I post on MFP and everyone tells me to get my *kitten* in the gym :laugh:
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    You just DO IT lol thats all, nothings going to make you feel better you just have to wait it out. I had a week like this like a month ago, I could have quit my program but I didnt, and im glad because the results were worth it! Just keep pushing through :) Sometimes reading fitness and nutrition articles inspires me :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Think about the benefits and the more you do something the more it just becomes a habit. This morning I did not feel like going to the gym but I have to do something for exercise. So I am getting ready to do a DVD here at home. I have to 30 to 45 min of something everyday on the weekdays and I try to to exercise one day on weekend also if time permits.

JUST DO IT!!! works for me also, especially with the exercise. Hope this helps and good luck to you!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • krex
    krex Posts: 29
    Options
    I agree with you...I do my portion control, I work out 5 times a week and drink water till I feel like I'm going to explode and it can't come off any quicker??? That's where I lose my motivation...I just want the weight gone, like NOW! But yet I'm moving on one day at a time...everyone have a great day!
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I usually convince myself to workout for 20 minutes. By the end of that 20 minutes, I'm usually into my workout and finish out the hour. You have to play mind games with yourself LOL

L
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Fake it 'til ya make it, babe! It always works for me. I never regret a work out and know I'll feel SO much better if I just suck it up and do it. If I don't give it my all afterwards, I feel bad and work to be better next time but I feel good 'cause I at least got some exercise instead of skipping.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Definitely fake it until you make it. It works. I do it all the time. :bigsmile:
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't know why this got into me this week! TOM was last week and I breezed through like a champ. This week has been a struggle to get out of bed and exercise. I've been doing fine with my calories even though that's been hard too. What do you do to break the weight loss blahs?

i make sure i dont feel like i am on a diet, i am following the gino decampo italian diet and make something out of his naughty section - eg.... chestnut and chocolate cake!! its allowed because it tells you how many calories, so as long as i count it, it is all good!!! tastes really naughty too. good luck and hope you get your mojo back. (i even go the chippy ... but its ok, as long as i count it in) i never feel guilty any more over food, be it eating too much or leaving it on my plate.... it is difficult trying to get out of the mindset that waste is bad - its not bad if i am full!! just have to keep reminding myself that!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Yep....just do it rather you're feeling it or not. Generally once I get through the gym doors I'm ready to go. It also helps to have a workout buddy. Mine is great. Doesn't matter if I'm motivated or not cause he is. If you commit to working out with someone, you have to do it.
  • pchristie
    pchristie Posts: 38
    Options
    Sometimes I just have to say one day, one minute at a time. I tell myself I can do it for one minute,and then the next. You can do anything for a minute at a time.

Yes - I do this too. We all have mornings or spells where we just don't feel like it, but we have to do it anyway. I had a day like that yesterday. I just told myself that I had to do it and I did. I felt so much better afterward.

Somebody very intelligent and famous (can't remember who) said that, and I am totally paraphrasing because I can't remember the exact words but I do try to live by them:

Success/happiness/self esteem/ is acheived when we do what we are supposed to do whether we feel like it or not.
  • mistystover
    Options
    I remind myself of how I felt when this all started "like all I ever wanted to do was sleep and hide from the mirror" "keep the room dark at night and hide in the closet or bathroom when I change" I am so proud of myself and the changes in my body I have a long way to go but I know I am getting there. So if I feel like I just can't do it for the day I think of how I felt when I would go and try on clothes and HATE how they felt or looked the "god I look so fat" or the pictures. The biggest one though that gets me thew those days are the thought of looking in my kids room when they are sleeping I want to be here for them and later on for my grandkids my husband just everyone who loves me. This is not just a now thing it's a forever thing and there is to much to live for and well the other thing is that I need to also live for ME!!!!
  • bumbalina
    bumbalina Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem today. (TOM) My body has just said "ENOUGH!" so I listened and have done no excersise at all today.:frown:
    I have kept my food on track though.
    I think its ok to have a down day every now and then, just aslong as you get back into the next day.