I see my muscles!

earlybirdlady
earlybirdlady Posts: 121 Member
I used to think I struggled with consistency, but I have realized what I really struggle with is perfectionism. I used to get so discouraged and down on myself if I got off track. In the last six months or so I have really been working on that and started listening to my body more. I’ve been more accepting that life isn’t always going to align with my fitness goals and that is ok. I feel like I have some balance, which I haven’t had in a really long time. This is actually a huge win for me, considering my track record.

And the best part is, I am seeing the results physically! I am able to see more muscle definition, and I feel really encouraged to keep going. It’s strange, I feel compelled to share this because I’m excited, but for some reason, I don’t think anyone in my “real world“ life would care or support. Grateful to have a space to share this here. I don’t post a lot, but I do get motivation and encouragement from reading others’ posts. Thanks y’all.

Replies

• My1Candle
    My1Candle Posts: 1 Member
    I think perfectionism has also caused me to not have consistency. I am excited for you to see muscles! That is my goal someday! I also like that people feel comfortable to share here. Otherwise, I would not have been inspired by you today! I completely understand how sharing with the real world can be a letdown. Have a really great day!
  • earlybirdlady
    My1Candle wrote: »
    I think perfectionism has also caused me to not have consistency. I am excited for you to see muscles! That is my goal someday! I also like that people feel comfortable to share here. Otherwise, I would not have been inspired by you today! I completely understand how sharing with the real world can be a letdown. Have a really great day!

Thank you and yes, perfectionism is so tough to overcome. Also I had to get past the idea that being happy about my progress was “vain” (thanks catholic guilt!), still working on that!
  • j1963herr
    j1963herr Posts: 6 Member
    It sure makes a difference when you can see results, not just on the scales, but physically. You don't need exercise motivation when the changes are evident!
  • earlybirdlady
    @j1963herr I agree! I actually hid away my scale for a while, it was stressing me out. Weighed myself recently and there was not a big change, so I’m glad I didn’t depend on it to measure my progress
  • Caroline777
    Caroline777 Posts: 1 Member
    This is so motivating! I am also a perfectionist and can relate very much with your post. Thank you for sharing
  • H_L_97
    H_L_97 Posts: 2 Member
    perfectionism leads to that "all or nothing" mentality. I can relate. I'm glad you shared and I'm proud of you!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    Wonderful post!!!!!! You should be very proud of your accomplishment!
  • earlybirdlady
    Thanks everyone! Feeling the love! ❤️
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!