Underweight struggling to gain weight

Hi there, I’m new here, have been underweight for a long time now. For the last three weeks I have added an extra 600 calories and still no weight gain 😭 any tips?

Answers

• bpk4390
    bpk4390 Posts: 1 Member
    Do you know how many calories you need to be in a surplus?
  • 42nrn59vrw
    42nrn59vrw Posts: 2 Member
    To maintain my weight I need 1600 and to gain weight I need 2100, which I have been doing for almost a month but no luck
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,187 Member
    How are you calculating the calories? What's your strategy for getting to the right number?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,784 Member
    If your numbers came from some online calculator (or even a fitness tracker), they're just a statistical average calorie need for people demographically similar to you. Individuals can vary from average, either higher or lower.

If you're eating what you perceive to be a surplus of calories for 4-6 weeks and you don't gain any weight . . . one way or another, it isn't a surplus of calories, and the answer would be to eat more. I understand that that can be difficult.

This thread has suggestions of foods to eat, among other tips, in case you haven't already read it:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read#latest
  • AchrefTabet
    AchrefTabet Posts: 2 Member
    Sometimes it's not only about calories, you've to sleep well and working hard also three weeks it's that longe period tha you can see a big difference, I mean in my experience of bulking I started seeing the deferences after 6 months or 7
  • brittmassey91
    brittmassey91 Posts: 1 Member
    I went from 93lbs to 133. Protein shakes, oatmeal helped me a lot! I also made sure i had white rice, sweet potato and lots of veggies with my dinners. Lifting heavy weights as well
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,940 Member
    Wait..."I've added an extra 600 calories" per day? Per week?