What's up, (or down actually)?

timbotina
timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok , man is my body confusing me......I went on vacation (did a decent amount of exercise, but ate horribly atleast 2 meals a day)...when I got back and weighed myself in the morning like always....I had gained 5.5lbs (192lbs).....I have been back for about 3 days....my weight today........182.5---stood off and on the scale like 10 times in disbelief.....I weighed 186 I think the day I left for vacation........what's up???? but I will take it anyway........:bigsmile:

Replies

• Tashia_HH
    Tashia_HH Posts: 99 Member
    Maybe it was water weight.
  • llyndon
    llyndon Posts: 73 Member
    I'd take it too! Maybe the 192 was wrong?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Most liekly you gained water weight with a higher sodium intake and now that you are back to your "normal" diet you lost the water.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    could be a bunch of things, but I would think getting back on track with exercise and eating is the reason. Just goes to show you, you can have a good time, slip up a bit, and get right back on track!

L
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    I did something kind of similar. We went on vacation, and I only gained 1.4 pounds, which I was pretty satisfied with. Last week was our first week back and I didn't do so well, because I was bummed out to be back at work and tired, so I didn't exercise as much and went over in calories several days... I still managed to lose what I gained plus another pound. Now I'm down 2 more pounds and have 3 or 4 more days till official weigh-in. I think the water weight has a lot to do with it... and maybe we just shocked our system like you'd want to do on a plateau. Whatever the reason, let's take it and run with it!! (though I AM a bit jealous that you lost 7 pounds!! :tongue: )

Have a good one!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    i gained about 10 lbs on my recent 10 day vacation but less than 7 days from being home i was down over 7 of them...i think it is mostly sodium, water and your body "shocked" back into the right way of eating...a "boost" in your metabolism if you will....get back on track and stay there and be very satisfied, like am, that the "extra" vacation weight came of soooo quickly...not to keep it going down is the hardest part....
This discussion has been closed.