Logging Recipes

Is there no way to add a recipe by weight as opposed to set servings? Sometimes I'll just want to log 100g for example of whatever the food is (soup e.g.) and not necessarily a set serving size.

Best Answer

• COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,331 Member
    Answer ✓
    Set the number of servings to the total weight of your finished dish. Then you just enter the number of grams you eat as the number of servings in your food diary. So if your dish weighed 500 grams, you'd set that as the number of servings on the recipe entry. Then when you eat 100 grams, you log 100 servings of the food.

Answers

• chiquitabananna1
    chiquitabananna1 Posts: 6 Member
    When I put a title for the recipe I also state how much is in one serving. i.e., if I make a tuna salad that weighs a total of 6 oz. and I decide that each serving should be 2 oz, I put 3 servings in the recipe and also entitle the recipe: Tuna Salad (2oz/svg). That way I don't have to do any figuring or looking into the recipe when logging. If I top a salad with only 1 oz of Tuna Salad I enter .5 because I only had a half a serving. It eliminates having to review the recipe again to figure the weight of my meal, it's right there in the title.