Favorite pre-workout?

Options
I'd like to try a pre- workout and see if I notice a difference in my performance. Any suggestions on a good one? Are they a waste of money? Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• 3sixtyFit
    Options
    The ones that i like that you can get at basically any supplement store are jack3d and c4. Def give you a good kick in the *kitten*!!
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I like C4. Since I workout in the evenings, I need it after a day of work to give me a little bit of energy.

On the weekends, where I work out earlier in the day, I'll take Ergo Pump, which has less of a stimulative effect.

Whatever you choose, I would suggest taking about 1/2 the recommended dose for the first few times to judge your tolerance level. And it's also pretty long-lasting, so if you take it prior to your workout in the evenings, it could affect falling to sleep.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Seems like people respond differently to different products. I'd try to find a shop that has sample sizes available. Get 3-5 samples of a few different products and try them out.

But to your question... I've used:
    C4 - noticed nothing
    No Xplode - decent, didn't make me jittery
    Hyper FX - best "pump", but makes me a bit jittery. Also tastes the best, for whatever that's worth.

• mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    C4 for the same reasons other posted. I'm so tired after work (I workout in the evenings) I need that boost that it provides. And it tastes yummy too.

For me, C4 is pretty long lasting so I usually take it about a half hour before I leave work and don’t actually start working out for at least an hour to an hour and a half later. I do this so it doesn’t keep me up at night, which it did the first couple of times I took it. Also, I like to take it because I know I need to expend that energy. It’s a little bit of a way to force myself to lift on days I’m not in the mood.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! GNC gave me a few samples to try yesterday, I'll look and see if any of the suggestions are in there too. I'm going back on my lunch break so I'll try to pick up at least 1.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    C4 is a solid PRE.
  • wibblefps
    Options
    Guarna tablets can be hilariously effective. Especially taken with glucose powder.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Seems like people respond differently to different products. I'd try to find a shop that has sample sizes available. Get 3-5 samples of a few different products and try them out.

But to your question... I've used:
    C4 - noticed nothing
    No Xplode - decent, didn't make me jittery
    Hyper FX - best "pump", but makes me a bit jittery. Also tastes the best, for whatever that's worth.

I'm 100% with this. Along with the jitters, Hyper messed around with my stomach.

One thing to note, your body will adjust to them. It's a good idea to find a rotation if you're going to use a pre.
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have tried C4 and Neurocore. C4 was the better of the two. No jitters but just a good boost.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the new Pre-Jym from Jim Stoppani. It makes me sweat like a monster however.

No fillers, just straight up ingredients.

Both flavors are extremely good

(Beta Alanine Makes my ears itch, so I probably look like an idiot rubbing my ears walking into the gym)
  • emmaskye15
    emmaskye15 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love Super Pump Max in Blue Raspberry but that's just me. Doesn't make me sick and tastes good. I use it to go longer in my cardio sessions works for me as a chick :) Good luck on your mission !!
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Another vote for C4
  • shortmomma81
    Options
    I love preworkout drinks. The best ones have been GNC brands because they don't make you feel shaky or jittery and gives me lots of endurance, I like Ravage the best, although the taste is awful. I really notice a difference when I take them and when I don't. Sometimes even when I have a full schedule with meetings and I feel low of energy I will take one scoop and it gives me energy all day. Unfortunately they are so expensive and they are rarely on sale so I do without.