How to connect Garmin app to my fitness pal

It’s not working.

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,491 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    To link with Garmin, please try the following:
    Log into the MyFitnessPal site and go directly to : www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/120
    Tap the Connect button
    Click connect option for MFP.
    Click Agree
    Click Allow

Once you have connected on the Garmin side, we recommend going to our main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com, then to the Apps tab, and double check on the right hand side of the page under "Your Apps" to make sure Garmin is now listed there.

If you are using our updated Android or iOS apps that have the Steps feature, you can elect Garmin to be your main Step source. Simply go to the menu in the app, then Steps, then add Garmin as your elected option (please note you can only have one elected Steps option).

Once the connection has been established Food should only be logged on MyFitnessPal, not on the Garmin site. It will then transfer to Garmin as a meal total (not individual foods logged, as different databases are used and the exact items may not be on both databases).

Exercise should be logged with Garmin, and will then transfer to MyFitnessPal in the form of an adjustment. To see a break down of the adjustment, you can tap directly on the adjustment in the apps or click the "i" next to the adjustment online in the Cardiovascular section. Please see this article for an explanation on how the calculation works: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/articles/360032623871-What-is-the-Calorie-Adjustment-in-my-Exercise-Diary-

You can connect other integration partners to MyFitnessPal while using Garmin, as long as you do not connect the same partners to Garmin as well, and the partners you connect are not all day trackers like Garmin, as you can only connect one all day tracker at a time.

For further assistance, please visit https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com