Rain on my parade

Options
Things were going great. I had finally made the decision that I needed to get myself healthy and without any magic tricks. I had lost close to 10 lbs before joining MFP, and have been staying on track now that I am easily able to record my food intake and exercise. My attitude was shifting and I was starting to enjoy it all- even the sometimes bland and small meals I prepare. I am a full time student with two children (4 and 1), and have been recently setting my goals on maintaining my success with school starting up again. I was prepared. Or so I thought.

And then the bad news just kept rolling in. More and more pressure. All of a sudden subsidy is decreasing their funding and I don't know how to afford care for my daughter. Loans has decreased our funding, with no explanation, and now I need to worry about maintaining a roof over our heads. And now an ongoing issue with a teacher has led to a conduct issue on my otherwise remarkable academic record.

**** happens. I know. But the stress! I am finding it very hard to stay motivated when I feel so emotionally drained. Luckily I have not resorted to binge eating. So far I have kept myself from undoing my success, but I want more than being in a form of stasis. I want to be able to move forward and kick my *kitten* out of this funk. I know only I can really do this, but some external motivation never hurt right?

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of stuff. But look at it this way: You can go through all that crap and add poor eating habits and self-loathing to the mix, or take control of the things you CAN control, and accept the things you can't. That's how you overcome.

You've got this.