Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Copy a recipe

Options
I have a few recipes that I will make with just one variation. For example I make Eggroll in a Bowl monthly. Sometimes I use ground pork, sometimes ground chicken. There are some pretty big differences in the macros depending on whether it is ground pork or ground chicken. It would be great to be able to take a recipe I already entered and copy it. Then I could simply edit it and save. For now I just use the ground chicken recipe that I have in and then do a quick add to add what I need to count for using pork instead. I should take the time to just create the recipe using pork from scratch but I have so many recipes that I would need to create 2nd and 3rd ones with just one different ingredient. It's easier but less helpful to just use quick add.
Tagged:
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 765 MFP Staff
    Options
    This is currently a possibility! That being said, it can only be done from the website.
    • Click Food then Recipes
    • Find the recipe you would like to copy and select Copy
    • You'll be taken to the recipe editing screen where you should see (copy) at the end of the recipe title
    • Edit your Recipe and Save or Save & Log It
  • MaggieS1979
    MaggieS1979 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    OK great. I will be sure to use the website when I need to copy a recipe. Thanks!