Calorie adjustment

WendySS
WendySS Posts: 1 Member
I truly Don’t understand how this works. I have it synced with my Fitbit and I would think that once it calculated my steps and my cardio activity, it would provide me additional calories but it goes negative.

Answers

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,497 Member
    What is your activity level setting in MFP?

In general, if you sync a fitness tracker to MFP, the tracker and MFP will share information, then MFP will adjust your calorie goal to keep your loss rate the same no matter the amount of extra exercise (or other activity).

If someone has negative adjustments enabled in MFP (which I'd suggest is a good idea), MFP will subtract calories on days when that person is less active than MFP expected based on the activity level in their MFP profile (along with the other demographic info there, of course).

If you have a screen shot of what you're seeing that you can include here, other MFP-ers might be able to give you a more specific answer.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,723 Member
    Every activity level (sedentary, lightly active, active) assumes a certain number of steps as a base. If your actual number of steps is less than the level you have set, you'll get a negative adjustment.