Need some Answers

Options
Good morning MFP Family - I have a question, hopefully someone can shed some light on it. I've lost 25lbs so far, I eat fairly good and I'm exercising. Well I can tell in my thighs, they are slimming down, my face of course, but my stomach is still hugh looking to me. Do you guys think, I need to decrease some of my carbs, or eventually when more weight comes off, the stomach will catch up too? I believe my carbs average a day somewhere between 130-150 a day. Help!!!!

Replies

• Bighank7752
    Options
    Everyone loses weight from different places at different rates. Track your eating and exercise and let the success come as it will. I know we all want to lose those love handles (In my case that is the last thing to go) or some other body fat. But, contrary to the ads on TV, we cannot control where the weight comes from. As far as Carbs? Talk to your doctor about different numbers to target.

Harold
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    Do not know about the carbs thing. I eat normal everyday food 3 times a day and then snack.. carbs can be in the 200s. What I do know is that my tummy area has been the last to take anything off. I know this by measure. I look in the mirror and it looks same to me. But can tell it isn't by measurement and the fit of my clothes.
  • time2doit
    time2doit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Last time I was watching my weight and losing weight after awhile I started losing from my stomache too. BigHank is right I think, we all lose at different rates in different places. My stomach is usually the last to go and that is why I get unmotivated, but hang in there. I plan to this time. My weight is like a roller coaster ride that goes up and down. I'm ready for it to be a smooth sailing trip once I get to where I want to be. Day 2 for me. Keep at it Leanandmeanmac!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    do you eat a lot of wheat/refined white pasta/rice? Is your stomach huge from bloat or just bigger than the rest of you?

If you think it's bloat, I would try to cut all grain carbs for about 4 weeks then slowly reintroduce, if the bloat decreases, that may signify an intolerance. Eat lots of greens to get your carb load in.
    If it's just belly fat, it will likely take longer. I targeted my hip flexors by doing full sit ups everyday, and started to get some definition in my ab region, but I also do very high intensity training 3 days a week (CrossFit), work out with a personal trainer one day a week, and try to run at least 4-5 miles a week.
  • CharleneM
    CharleneM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The exercise I get is gardening....I garden every day for hours. I make it a point to bend over ALOT! Bend, bend, and bend some more...My stomach has gone down dramatially. It is awesome. I can look down now and actually see my feet.
    Now my shirts don't stick out, they lay flat. It is the most motivation I can have...So girl....bend bend and bend some more. Oh, also hold your core tight while you exercise. I notice the more I do it, the more it helps. It also helps your back when you are exercising hard. GOOD LUCK!!!