Chai.....?

@springlering62 I saw a post where in a reply you (I think it was you) talked about buying really find ground "instant" chai mix, but cannot for the life of me find it. My 18yo daughter and I both enjoy Chai, but I haven't been happy with the "teabag" versions I've found. If I am hallucinating, or wrong about identity, feel free to ignore me.

Replies

• Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    It's not hard to make your own. There's recipes all over.
    It's really just black tea with about 4 spices and sugar, then added milk.
    I understand this does not satisfy the convenience of instant.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,764 Member
    It's not hard to make your own. There's recipes all over.
    It's really just black tea with about 4 spices and sugar, then added milk.
    I understand this does not satisfy the convenience of instant.

I meant instant just as the spice/tea part. I'd add my own sweetener/milk
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    @nicsflyingcircus Blue Lotus Masala Chai.
    Is regular tea and spices but ground super fine so it’s instant.

I mix it with some Jordan’s Salted Caramel zero cal syrup because I like sweet chai. The salted caramel seems to go really well with it.

Mix with some frothed oat or skim milk, and/or some fat free half and half.

I like mine very strong, so 4-5grams in a 2 cup mug.

Available on Amazon in small cans or pound bags. The pound is about $60 or $70, but lasts for months and months, even serving two people on a daily basis, so it’s a great value.

They’ve got other versions but we’ve loved the masala so much we’ve never tried the others.

Quality product.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Thank you!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    @springlering62 I got all the ingredients. I make it with 1/2 tsp of the Chai (started with more, backed off to find what worked), 1oz of the salted Caramel syrup, 10-11oz of water and 2.5-3 oz of fairlife 2% milk. I am in love. It's delicious, warm and comforting.

My Chai loving daughter takes hers (for the same size mug) with 1/2 tsp Chai, 1.5 oz of the syrup, about 8oz water and 4oz milk. Little sweeter and milkier than I.