What are the most effective lifestyle changes one can make to achieve sustainable weight loss while

Options
I need an answer to this question.

Answers

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    LOL.

Well on this and your other question, you've made the title (question) too long for the format and we can't see the whole question.

Try again with a shorter title and put your question in the text "comment" part.

Sustainable and Lifestyle Changes pretty much is the definition of weight loss that becomes permanent. So, do what you need to do.
  • Traquette
    Traquette Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yeah, we need the rest of the question :p

But I'll give you my 2 biggests lifestyle changes that initially made me lose weight : Stop drinking your calories and WALK everywhere you go.
    Of course it may be not doable for everybody, but if you're lucky enough to be at walkable distances of things... it makes a huge difference.

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited June 28
    Options
    More activity, calories at maintenance after hitting your goal weight and keeping as much alcohol and ultra processed foods out of your diet as possible. Throw in some weight training and you’re good to go and don’t forget to sleep enough.

Having a good attitude about life is probably number 1 though.

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    For me, eat out less often and exercise consistently. I lost 50+ lbs. and have kept it off for over 10 years. I also continue to log my food and exercise. It keeps me on track.
  • __Alex___
    __Alex___ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Walk every day. 20 to 30 minutes. It's doable because everyone has a spare half hour. Just do it every day. After about a month when it becomes a habit, you can add another exercise. 2 weeks later, add another. Before you know it, your lifestyle will be one of exercise and your body will be burning everything you put in it.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,174 Member
    edited June 28
    Options
    I lost my first 40 by
    1. Quit drinking calories = coke
    2. Eat protein with every meal and every snack. Not necessarily huge amounts of protein, just some every time I ate.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    edited June 28
    Options
    LOL @ "hydrogen rich water."

Ya'll, if you click "Flag (spam)" at the bottom of that post it will disappear once five of us do that.
  • DrBenja
    DrBenja Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 28
    Options
    Achieving sustainable weight loss involves key lifestyle changes:
    * Prioritize a balanced diet rich in whole foods stay hydrated, exercise regularly and get adequate sleep.
    * Manage stress through mindfulness or yoga, avoid processed foods and sugary drinks.
    * Maintain a consistent eating routine.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    __Alex___ wrote: »
    . Before you know it, your lifestyle will be one of exercise and your body will be burning everything you put in it.
    not necessarily

• Natalia_A20
    Natalia_A20 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Counting calories has changed everything for me. Now I'm way more mindful, before I didn't even realize how much I was eating.
  • lajesq2669
    lajesq2669 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For me, nothing worked until I cut the carbs almost down to zero and replaced them with saturated fats from meat and protein from animal products. I feel so much better without the fruits, vegetables, grains, and seed oils. This will be my way of eating forever. I will never go back to eating plants.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,407 Member
    edited June 30
    Options

Agree..#1 for me was working on stress management and working on my psyche.

Having a good attitude about life is probably number 1 though.

• __Alex___
    __Alex___ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    __Alex___ wrote: »
    . Before you know it, your lifestyle will be one of exercise and your body will be burning everything you put in it.
    not necessarily

Of course, we're all different and nothing is a given. My main point was to start out with something easy to build a habit. Then it's easier to add to it. Perhaps I overstated things - yes, it all requires effort, determination, etc.

But habit is key so focus on that first.