Leftovers

Options
samammay
samammay Posts: 468
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
What do you o when you get to the end of the day and still have hundreds of uneaten calories?

I have my deficit set at 1000 off a 2500 tdee. I chose sedentary and no exercise since I log everything. I then use a fitbit and run keeper to add activity calories. I never come close to eating back my activity, usually eating 1800 to 1900 cls and leaving 600 to more than 1000.

Am I not eating enough?

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I usually estimate my exercise calorie burn either the night before or early in the morning so that I can plan my meals and snacks to accommodate those extra calories.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    you are fine. :smile: keep it up! :drinker:
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • benjicloverdale
    benjicloverdale Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If I am hungry I will eat some but not all the calories back. If i'm not hungry and I have hundreds of cals left, I just let them go and look forward to a faster weight loss.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    If you plan your meals in advance, you'll not have hundreds left at the end of the day
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Can't tell, open your diary.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think all our measurements are off, and I'm not a believer in eating all my calories back anyway, so .... I target about 25% less. Like today, I could have eaten 2300 calories, since I burned 640, but I only ate 1700 -- which is actually a little on the high side for me.

I figure that heart monitors are off, calories/food weights are frequently off, so it's not a great idea to plan your eating down to the last calorie, i.e. "I'm allowed 1400 calories and I burned 500, so I can eat 1900!" That could lead to some very slow or not even weight loss if your measurements are off, you're taking the wrong calorie count or you're unaware of a changed ingredient (such as when a chef/cook uses 3/4 cup of oil rather than two tablespoons.)

If you should add, add some fruits and vegetables because those do seem to clean out your system a lot more -- for me at least. They helped me get past a two-week plateau.
  • TygerTwoTails
    TygerTwoTails Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Prelogging helps for sure, also smoothies with protein powder.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    you are fine. :smile: keep it up! :drinker:

You are not fine. You should increase your caloric intake. I can't tell you what to eat obviously, but definitely more of almost anything would be better than sitting 1000 cal below your goal.
This discussion has been closed.