Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sweet tooth

Vicky3725
Vicky3725 Posts: 16 Member
I’m 3 months postpartum and wanting to feel stronger and healthier. I’ve spent the last 3 months eating complete rubbish and mostly sitting down. In a year I’ll be getting married and I’d like to look nice in a dress, that aswell as all the aches and pains I’m feeling is my motivation. Any tips on how to calm my sweet tooth down?

Replies

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 499 Member
    Pump up the protein and healthy fats in your diet. This will help with satiety,
    Keep the rubbish out of your home.
    I find fruit helps with my sweet tooth. There is so much to choose from in the Summertime. Focus on berries and melon, which is lower in sugar compared to other fruits.
  • sr65jtd552
    sr65jtd552 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Vicky,
    I’ve been eating higher protein too. I’ve found that I can add a protein bar (bc choc brownie protein bar) and a wicked sister high protein chocolate pudding onto some days. As long as this fits within my macros for the day, I work my other calories around these two items. Then I know I’ll be able to have a treat some days. Also I add vanilla or chocolate protein powder into a chia pudding for breakfast with strawberries and some sugar free maple syrup. No need to give up sweet things! Just find replacements.
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 499 Member
    When my sweet tooth rears its ugly head, I like protein bars as well (not often, but they help to stave off a binge). My favorite brand is Barebell, either the Salty Peanut or the Caramel Cashew. Each has 20 grams of protein in it and are 200 calories.

• csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,169 Member
    One cookie leaves you with the same memory of deliciousness as five cookies! That idea helped me. Soon enough it’s just a memory and it’s the same either way.

I buy Dove ice cream minis which are 70 cals and each. Individually wrapped. I buy bars of dark chocolate but only eat one square in a day. I eat ice cream but instead of 89 grams for a full serving I’ll stop scooping around 60 grams.
  • mamallama606
    mamallama606 Posts: 10 Member
    Any update mama? I'm 7 months postpartum and have always had a brutal sweet tooth but now that I'm still hanging on top 20 lbs of postpartum weight it would be nice to try to get healthier again! You're all so inspirational!