How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I conform to the WW method. I have one day that's my weigh in day - Saturday!!! Pick a day and stick to it!!

I will weigh myself on Wednesday, if I think I have gotten off track; this gives me 2 days to clean up my act for Saturday!!

In the past, I used to weigh everyday, but it was too anxiety ridden. You don't lose weight as quickly as you put it on!!
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Earlier I was weighing myself on every Monday but since last 2-3 weeks scales are just scaring me, not loosing single penny and my weight was on fluctuation mode. However, I think now it will yield something, I am going to weigh today noon, bit afraid though ;)
  • toholio
    toholio Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Once a day when I first get up unless we're staying away from home. Our scales are fairly accurate so the fluctuations are pretty regular and not as huge as we used to get on lower quality scales.

I'll also weigh myself after particularly grueling sessions at the gym. It's fascinating how much you can sweat/breathe out in an hour or so!
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The beginning of every week, on a Monday. I only weigh myself once because I fluctuate weight like CRAZY, so it would only drive me crazy to see my weight constantly going up and down.
  • jewel22887
    Options
    I weigh myself at least every two weeks because I use the wii and set goals for myself on there in 2 week increments however, sometimes I'll do it 5 days apart sometimes 14.
  • fallingken
    fallingken Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale, so I weigh myself at the Dr office every month or so. I know if I follow the calories in, exercise out, I will lose weight, so I don't worry
  • freddiefrederick
    Options
    Weight changes after you eat, use the restroom, walk around a bit, work out, etc.

It's best to weigh yourself in as much of a controlled environment as possible (and limit yourself to once a week for regular tracking.) For example: I weight myself every Saturday morning after my MMA class. I do that so that I'm recording my muscle weight, and it also makes me work a little harder in the morning!
  • Satiable
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every day, but it's more of a happy motivational tool for me. I get to start the day with a reminder of how much weight I've lost, which helps me make good choices when temptation rears its delicious, buttery head.

If checking your weight every day makes you feel good about your progress, great! If, on the other hand, you spend the day depressed after a 0.2kg fluctuation... it might be time to shut the scales away in a cupboard, and only bring them out once a week. Whatever keeps you motivated.
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    OP, I love your picture!!! LOL. I usually weigh myself every day, when I get up, after I go to the bathroom, and before I eat anything. I think it helps me stay on track. If it is more than the day before, I tend to really watch what I do that day in terms of eating and exercising. It motivates me, and I know there's fluctuations, and I don't get too crazy about it.
  • JuliMagenta
    JuliMagenta Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    once a week.. sometimes twice. sometimes only once every two weeks... something around that ;-)
  • Mechanikitty
    Mechanikitty Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say every morning but really I hop on multiple times throughout the day. A habit I've kept after years of disordered eating. I've tried weekly and failed within hours, haha.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Once a day, every morning. I'm closely monitoring my weight while I'm still trying to lose. I keep thinking that once I'm in maintenance mode, I can probably cut it down to every few days or even once a week, but then I'd also like to catch weight gain as soon as I can....so maybe the daily weighing will continue.
  • Sueiscrafty
    Options
    I have been following this program for 2 weeks, and I am finding I can't weigh myself every day, because it winds up really upsetting me and causing me a lot of panic. I am going to only weigh myself once a week, and at my weigh ins with my trainer. Weighing to often, for me, sends me for a loop and does nothing helpful.

Sue
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Once a month. It keeps me motivated to stick to my healthy eating so I can see how much I can lose in a month. Any more often than that I get discouraged when I see the fluctuations. I have learned this the hard way over the years. :flowerforyou:
  • Darrelkun
    Darrelkun Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Every day right before I shower. :)

I personally like weighing in every day, despite other people telling me how it's "more detrimental than it is helpful", as if seeing my numbers jump around will defer me from continuing along my path. Quite the contrary! Seeing the numbers go down rewards me for my hard work. Seeing the numbers go up makes me grind my teeth and buckle down on trying to stay close to my program that day so that hopefully the next day's weigh in is better.

Once a week is just not frequent enough for me. Everyone works different.
  • NeverGoodEnuff
    NeverGoodEnuff Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Every day that I can. :) I'm told though that you're only supposed to weigh yourself once a week so you don't get discouraged
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    when I started out on this it was every week, Friday mornings post oblutions

nowdays it's every 2 or 3 weeks, I trust 'the system', keep logging & maintain deficit, you kinda know where you'll be

:glasses:
  • YouAreYourChoices
    Options
    I weigh everyday but I only record my weight once a week (on Sunday) I tried to go longer between weighing but I am addicted to my scale lol.
  • rowej04
    rowej04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Once a day. It's the law........
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Every day, sometimes throughout the day and with body fat %. I want to understand how my daily activities effect my digital fluctuation, since I know I'm not losing or gaining 3 pounds of fat every day. This way, I know by how many pounds or how many percentage points certain foods or drinks can mess with my numbers.

Regarding measurements, I might measure a few times a week for the same reason I weigh a few times a day, but I only officially log my weight if it drops below the last time (this way I can see how long it took me to lose that single pound) and I log my measurements on the 1st of each month.