Do you log on holidays?

2»

Replies

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 507 Member
    On holidays, I pre-log my food so I don't go off-track. The food choices I make on holidays tend to be healthier ones. I skip the extras (no gravy on my Thanksgiving turkey, steamed vegetables but no mashed potatoes, etc.). For 4th of July, I'll have a ground sirloin burger (no bun) and an ear of corn - no hot dogs. That's how I manage.

While I'm away on vacation I don't log but try to make sensible food choices and eat sensible portions.
    I don't have any expectations about fat loss; I try not to gain. This past trip to NY (one week) I didn't gain, which pleased me to no end.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 393 Member
    I personally don't if I am eating out or traveling. I don't want to haul my food scale with me. I just go into it being mindful of what I am eating and knowing that my weight is going to fluctuate when I get back into my normal routine for a bit.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,187 Member
    One day to me means nothing. Might I gain 1 pound of fat? Maybe. But as long as I am back to counting the next day, whatever. for me, the problem would come in, possibly falling off the wagon for multiple days. or in finding too many reasons to call a day a “holiday.” Maybe my perspective is influenced by being in maintenance.