Easy Mexican Slaw

Hobartlemagne
Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
Just an "assembly recipe" but I like it.
1 cup premade broccoli slaw from Kroger, 3 Tbsps Herdez Guacamole Salsa.
110cal, 9g Carbs, 7g Fat, 2g Protein, 330g Sodium, 3g Sugar.
f9de5ufc5whf.jpeg

Replies

• ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 682 Member
    I love this salsa! I'm trying this!
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    I discovered that salsa in the strangest way- someone broke a jar at the grocery store and it smelled amazing! I decided to try it.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,966 Member
    I use green cabbage. I slice it very thin, then I toss with a marinade of a neutral oil (olive oil has too much flavor), a bunch of lime juice, some mild vinegar (white balsamic is a good choice), salt, pepper, hot chile powder, and some cumin. Bonus - add some thinly sliced sweet onion or red onion. Add some thinly sliced fennel. Add some Mexican oregano. Toss. Let it sit in the refrigerator for an hour or six. Perfect on tacos. You can even add some shredded carrot if you like or substitute a little purple cabbage for extra color.

One year on our last day of a 23-day Grand Canyon raft trip, we realized we still had a head of cabbage that was never assigned to any meal. I offered to make this cabbage salad. I mixed it up as soon as we got to camp to let it sit for a few hours. It was crisp. Fresh vegetables on the last day of the trip was awesome. One of the couples in the group shared a story of another Grand Canyon trip where there was a cabbage left. One of their crew offered to do something with it. He made boiled cabbage. Everyone was sad. Everyone on was quite happy with the cabbage salad.