started eating a lot during a day, please help!!

Options
I've lost 22 kilos in 4-5 months and now.. these 3 days I started eating again, like, a lot, I try to tell myself off, but nothing seems to help. Can you help me and advise something. Maybe tell me what I should do, distract myself with when I really feel like eating something that is a lot more than a usual portion for a person. Please I need your encouragement and help.I am disparate!

Replies

• zulaskinny
    zulaskinny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think you're on your own in this battle, it's you and your head here. Look what you've already achieved and then try to keep it. I know it might be hard, but it will be much harder to look back and see what you've lost. Keep it up, you know it's worth it!

And sorry for really no good piece of advice here
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've lost 22 kilos in 4-5 months and now.. these 3 days I started eating again, like, a lot, I try to tell myself off, but nothing seems to help. Can you help me and advise something. Maybe tell me what I should do, distract myself with when I really feel like eating something that is a lot more than a usual portion for a person. Please I need your encouragement and help.I am disparate!

exactly how many calories over maintenance are you eating?
  • mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ouch - tough question. I can say what I did. I did something that is not in the house and not eating. It sounds a little weird but it seems to work for me. that can be as simple as going for a walk to more involved such as building something. Something to get my activity level up and not eating. That seems to put things into perspective for me.
    I have already wnet through one of those few days - but I was able to focus - mainly becuase I got busy with a project. I was at a steady rate of loss for about 6 weeks then missed it but after a couple of weeks I was back on track.

Granted it takes a little will power, but remember why you started and how far you ahve come 22 KG in 4-5 months is great !!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Are you logging it all? Sometimes just the thought of logging someting high calorie is enough to get me away from it.

Are you stuck with things in your house that you can't resist? Bring them to work, give them to the neighbors, have you kids bring them to school, donate them to the food pantry - either way, get them out of the house and do not buy them anymore or accept leftovers from anyone ever again.

If you're actually driving yourself to the store to get soemthing you don't already have on hand - I'm afraid you're on your own there. You know you shouldn't be eating it and no one but you can stop you.

[tough love] Put your big girl panties on and get control of yourself[/tough love]
  • moneymom2
    moneymom2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First Bravo to you for admitting it! Now use your support group to keep you accountable and concentrate on your Why for weight loss; better health? special occassion? family? whatever your reason let this motivate your actions. If you do not have a support group then get one immediately, these are people who do not judge and have similiar goals and will help you on your rough days; sometimes all we need is someone to talk to and i would love to help anyway i can if you think it will help you. This is a lifestyle change and we all have good and bad so do not beat yourself up over the bad and get back on track. Best of luck and know you are not alone.
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Feed the hunger. Healthy, nutritious wholesome foods. Examine why you are hungry? If its boredom then find an activity. If stress find something pleasurable to do (not eating). Take a walk.
  • Ihop.com has Alot of solutions to cope with this kind of problem.
  • massivediet
    massivediet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I struggle with hunger so much! I feel your pain.

One thing that has helped me a lot is fasting until 12:00 noon every day I can manage it. I find that if food is just not an option, I can put it out of my mind and quit thinking about it. Eating a little makes me want a lot more, so I start my eating with something as bulky and filling as possible--a big salad with a good protein source, fruit and greek yogurt, or a sandwich with whole-grain bread and lean meat and lots of veggies. There are some days when I do not have time at lunch, so I just eat something small and then have a big dinner.

I know this is not for everyone, but it has helped me not to overeat as much.
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Eat several smaller meals throughout the day, that helps with hunger. Also, instead of eating, drink a glass of water. Many people confuse dehydration with hunger, you'd be surprised how a glass of water will kill what you though were hunger pains. Try drinking at least 3 liters of water per day, it will help a bunch.
  • GymPoet
    GymPoet Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Learn everything you can from it. Eg, write down what you're feeling, what you think triggered it, etc. Log your food too.
    Meanwhile, I find that an inspirational blog, movie, etc, about someone overcoming adversity despite all odds can get me back on track. I think it makes my adversities seem small and conquerable in comparison.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

Try weighing yourself several times a week. After awhile you'll get disgusted by the increase in numbers and will start to think more about what you're eating during the day.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Go back to logging ever bite and sip
    Weigh every day.
    Think about what it took to lose the weight and how you don't want to gain it all back.

Get all the foods out of the house you are tempted with.

You can do it. You can check yourself now.
  • elainemorris1982
    elainemorris1982 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    remember why you wanted to lose the weight in the first place. You've done brilliant so far. Don't give up. Remember its a lifestyle change not a diet. Make better food choices. I love chocolate so I treat my self to a small bar each day - about 85-115 cals instead of having a bar of choc of 250-300 cals. Knowing I can have this treat keeps me going. Tomorrows a new day xxx