Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Who’s with me? It’s July 2024 and we need to lose 50 pounds! Let’s take this journey together!

2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,626 Member
    Hi, unfortunately @Sparkle1098 started this discussion then abandoned it - only this one post since 2022...

And has not signed into MFP since July 5th. It's too bad.

Yes, too bad.

But y'know, there are surprisingly many threads like that in the MFP Community: Started by someone who was briefly motivated/inspired, but who didn't last for whatever reason. But sometimes the thread lives on, moved forward by others who find it beneficial.

Maybe that can happen here, too? That's up to the participants . . . .
  • Shrinking_Shellbelle
    Shrinking_Shellbelle Posts: 6 Member
    Hello!
    I'm in a weird space, but I know I need to do something.
    I have to. I'm 46, I feel every ounce of what's on my body. It's making it hard to move the way I want to and the way I like to.

I have a very complicated relationship with food (thanks 90's diet era!) and I really struggle when I start to focus on healthy eating and exercise. I tend to go too far the other way and next thing you know I'm spitting out an almond because I wasn't "supposed" to have that many or refusing to go places that I can't control the intake.

I'd like to join the journey to have some accountability buddies, so please feel free to friend me. On a side note, if anyone is in Calgary, AB and would like to get together for beginner fitness activities let me know; KEYWORD - beginner :D

• Arrivingby226
    Arrivingby226 Posts: 3 Member
    I am here hoping to lose 70#. I am 'wearing' all my trauma, resentment and shame over a lifetime. Grateful for small epiphanies. Gonna play the long game. Whatever I choose as activity, it has to be sustainable. Forgive myself and lighten up. I get another day on the planet! Hormones are dwindling so staying aware of what I eat without obsessing. Take a tech break regularly because it can be a time suck and I may never find what is my best program/route.
    SW 241
    CW 235
    GW 165
    I hope to get back to this thread because it's fairly new. Not sure about learning all that the site is capable of. Crossing my fingers
  • Arrivingby226
    Arrivingby226 Posts: 3 Member
    I am hoping that someone has something to share and keep this thread going.
    My question is what people do in the late hours when all the great progress of the morning goes away? i just want to be left alone but responsibilities stress me out more when I get home and the resolve that I started the day with ends up out the window from 5 until bed.
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,589 Member
    Hi @Arrivingby226, there is a fairly active thread you may want to post to:

Introduce yourself>60 years and up

It is kind of quiet right now, but waxes and wanes and never completely dies out. Someone would definitely chime in!

I am retired, so most of my stress went away when I quit work - took my 4-5 months to destress though. Crazy.

Since I am a night owl, I had to make a rule with myself that the kitchen closes at 10pm - tea service only available after 10! I try to not eat much past 8 or 9 even, but had to make a hard & fast rule (I even had a sign to put out to remind myself and reinforce my resolve for the first month and if I start to slip up, sign will go back out lol). I then do intermittent fasting for minimum 12 hours overnight, but my aim is 14-16 hours. I have my MFP fasting goal set for 14 hours - this also helps with evening temptations because the later I eat at night, the later it will be the next day before I break my fast.
  • strider0624
    strider0624 Posts: 9 Member
    Just brousing and saw your note. I've been kind of sitting in place, but now have new motivation for losing weight. I have a granddaughter getting married the end of the month, so I'm starting to get serious. I'm 77, and have finally realized I don't need big meals. I have little to eat in the a.m., mainly coffee and maybe a boiled egg or something under 100 cal. Sometime, in the morning or afternoon, i hop on the bike and do 6-7 miles at maybe 10 mph avg. A small meal for lunch, keeping it under 300 cal. Maybe something like 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and tunafish or an egg. A lite supper at night and NOTHING after 6:00pm. Seems to be working as I've finally dropped below 250. Strider...
  • lovemyfitpal
    lovemyfitpal Posts: 4 Member
    Great comments and ideas. What is working for me: checking in at the start of the day and journaling food...even if I have to edit some of it later. for some reason it adds to the sense of being in control and I feel success. Hope this thread keeps going. All the best
  • Markkickass
    Markkickass Posts: 3 Member
    Little trick hat is working great for ME:
    Mio Fruit Punch powder in single packet is helping me a lot to get to my daily gallon of water.
    1packet in a liter of water. (old Gatorade or Powerade bottle). Only 5 calories per packet.