LBerri - Small Town/Northern ON, Canada - Newbie

Hello All,

I just found this group and thought I'd invite myself (I hope that is okay) I've apparently been on this site for 2 years... I had no recollection of joining back in the day - but I recently found the determination to 'do' something about my health/weight and found this site again... I guess that means I am meant to be here. :)

For the past 8 days, I have been faithful in recording my daily meals... I also have a CGM which I'm using to learn how 'food impacts my body' (thankfully I am not diabetic but I fear that if I am not careful now that may change down the road) I have been learning SO much wearing it...my goal is to give myself 3 months of doing so... writing down everything and hopefully gaining a good understanding about me and food.

My other goal is to start moving more... in this regard, I seem to be procrastinating... I did get new running shoes and I am breaking them in... now I need to get moving. I don't know why I have such a hard time getting going/motivating myself to do this. But I am determined to figure it out and move on.

Oh, I guess this is turning into a story... I'll stop here. I just wanted to pop in/say Hi and I am looking forward to getting to know you better and being of support. :)

Best,

L

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,940 Member
    Welcome! It's not only okay to invite yourself in, but we are very glad you did so!

And don't worry about your post turning into a story...some of us posters (including yours truly) have been guilty of cobbling together posts well over a thousand words in length. You just scratched the surface of what a LONG post looks like! lol
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,183 Member
    If you are looking to a group to help you stay motivated with your weight loss, check out Fat 2 Fit! Registrations will open in less than 2 weeks for August :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group