Why does the Panera ranch Cobb half salad have so much fat?

I looked on the Panera app and it shows a lot less

Answers

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,764 Member
    Egg, bacon, feta cheese and ranch dressing. Plenty of fat there.

The green goddess Cobb has even more: Avocado, egg, bacon and green goddess dressing.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,331 Member
    Go with what the Panera app says. MFP is a crowd sourced database. That entry could be from someone who got double dressing or really got a full salad or something. We’ll never know.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 906 Member
    The food entries are crowd sourced and someone could have put it in wrong. Or maybe they got extra dressing on the side, IDK.
    You should go by what the Panera website says and find an entry that matches that. However, I will say that the nutritional info from websites to restaurants are based on the *recipe* that is supposed to be used for that dish --- and it's totally possible that the person who prepared your stuff didn't measure everything that their company says they should.
    **I'm saying this as someone who worked at Dairy Queen and did not pay much attention (other than at the very beginning of my employment or when there was a 'manager' around) to the official measurements. I just made blizzards/food. If I was supposed to put "Two level small scoops" of topping into a blizzard but the 'small scoop' was dirty and only the 'large' scoop was there easy to grab .... I put in an estimate and went on with my day. So...just keep that in mind that it's only as accurate as it can be with real people making the food and likely not doing it the way the test chef made it.
  • ONUnicorn
    ONUnicorn Posts: 45 Member
    Panera Bread recently changed their menu pretty significantly. I'd trust what it says on Panera Bread's website instead of what MFP says because the changes they made could have changed the nutritional composition. MFP doesn't seem to provide a way to update outdated or incorrect information, and there are a LOT of entries in the database that are in need of correcting.