Protein/carb/fat goals auto change?

CRaiche
CRaiche Posts: 2 Member
I have been using MFP for about a month now and have lost 10lbs so far. I adjusted my daily calorie goal to 2000 based on my target weight. I also adjusted my daily protein goal to 120g. I have noticed that my calorie goal doesn’t change. I understand how logged exercise works and that if I burn 500cals then for that day I get 2500cals to eat. That is easy to comprehend. What I don’t understand is when I click on the breakdown of my eaten calories and such, my protein, carb and fat goals are not what I have set in my settings. I am trying to figure out why they change and how that number is formulated. Is it based on the exercise as well? I don’t pay much attention to the carbs/fat goals. The protein is the biggest one. Its a daily minimum goal, but it is hard to hit if it is constantly changing. Based on my research I am trying to hit these goals: target weight 175lbs so I need to be around 2000 cals and 120g of protein.

Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    if your calorie goal increases, those calories need to comes from somewhere - that's why your macro goals increase as well. I think you can choose to which macros your exercise calories are added, if you have premium.
  • CRaiche
    CRaiche Posts: 2 Member
    I guess I understand that. I mean if my goal is 2000 cals and I burn 500cals in exercise allotting me 2500cals for that day, that 500 extra I get to eat has to be made up of something. I just wish it showed it differently then. Keep my normal macro goals, and maybe show us the breakdown of the extra a different way than updating the overall macro goal for that day. My protein goal is a minimum, so having it set to 120g, then quick glancing at it MFP says its 154g for the day, i think I haven't met it. Even though I plan it out to hit that 120g.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,784 Member
    CRaiche wrote: »
    I guess I understand that. I mean if my goal is 2000 cals and I burn 500cals in exercise allotting me 2500cals for that day, that 500 extra I get to eat has to be made up of something. I just wish it showed it differently then. Keep my normal macro goals, and maybe show us the breakdown of the extra a different way than updating the overall macro goal for that day. My protein goal is a minimum, so having it set to 120g, then quick glancing at it MFP says its 154g for the day, i think I haven't met it. Even though I plan it out to hit that 120g.

You can do that in premium MFP, pretty much. I have premium, and care about both my protein and fats goals as minimums, but don't really care about where carbs fall, other than to balance calories. Fat or protein over goal is fine with me.

In premium, I can first set macro goals in grams, . . .

570huuuafj38.png

. . . then tell MFP where to put exercise calories:

iiaqrbbp3e2i.png