Breakfast advice please

BeccaL32
BeccaL32 Posts: 8 Member
Can anyone give me any ideas for what I could have for breakfast please? I tend to be stuck on a vicious cycle of rushing in the morning as I get worried of time. I've been having nothing but a yogurt or a banana in the morning and find myself with not much energy, feeling sick, dizzy... I need ideas.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    If you're up for prepping, look at recipes on the web (or the MFP blogs) for "egg muffins" or "breakfast burritos". Those are available in nutrition/calorie efficient versions, and can typically be prepared in a batch, frozen, then zapped in the microwave at breakfast time.

For myself, my quick go-to breakfast (that I eat on mornings when I row early) is crunchy peanut butter on an Ezekiel pita, and a cup of plain non-fat kefir. (That's 381 calories, 25g protein, 7g fiber, 17g fat, 9g carbs. If you're low-carbing, that may be too many carbs for you, though it's only 2g net carbs.)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    Bircher muesli or overnight oats might be an idea for you? You can prepare that the day before.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,157 Member
    Time management might allow you to plan more efficiently. Personally I'm probably the opposite where I'm very awake the minute I get up and very focused and generally don't eat for a few hours.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,487 Member
    Prep.
    Egg muffins.
    Pancake muffins.
    Scrambled eggs with cottage cheese added keep in the fridge several days. The cottage cheese keeps the consistency nicer.
    Protein banana bread. (Or plain banana bread)
    Oatmeal muffins
  • BeccaL32
    BeccaL32 Posts: 8 Member
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    Prep.
    Egg muffins.
    Pancake muffins.
    Scrambled eggs with cottage cheese added keep in the fridge several days. The cottage cheese keeps the consistency nicer.
    Oatmeal muffins

Ah thank you I may try the scrambled eggs with cottage cheese a go, how would it look like? Could you give me an idea please? And is having a banana in the morning good for you?
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    This requires some equipment, I realize.
    I've found I can thaw a frozen individually packaged salmon fillet in the fridge overnight, and cook it in 12 minutes in an air fryer. Meanwhile I make toast and top it with guacamole and extra chili powder.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,313 Member
    I keep a jar of pickled herring and have a few slices quickly in morning. (High protein, omega 3)

Smoked salmon and avocado.

Any leftover, egg or protein in wrap of choice. (I like smoked salmon and almond wrap)

Toss some greens, fruit and protein of choice in blender and drink. 🥤

Batch make some chicken salad or veggie/meat and have a serving in morning.

Soup or bone broth. Open a cup of Soup and heat it up. 2 min. I like to add in collagen/protein. Sip a mug while I’m getting ready.

• Sharpc93
    Sharpc93 Posts: 1 Member
    Overnight Oats with fresh berries
    Chia Pudding with Protein power with fresh berries on top and a slice of whole grain toast
    Peanut Butter Bananas Toast
    These are our household go to currently
    The Oats and Pudding can be made ahead, I do about 4 days worth.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    I cook a pot of rolled oats on Sundays and I have that every morning with some fruit. One minute in the microwave and it’s good to go.
  • jvprice2012
    jvprice2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Protein & fiber so you will stay full longer.
    Eggs & sausage- these can be vegan if you’re plant based. Before I was vegan I’d eat 2 boiled eggs, 2-3 pieces of sausage & a slice or cubes of cheese and it kept me full until lunch.
    You can also prep scrambles the night before. Add your veggies in a pan with egg & a protein like sausage or tofu.
    Yogurt or oatmeal but add plenty of fruits like berries, hemp seeds &/or chia seeds for fiber & protein
    Chia seed pudding
    Smoothies & smoothie bowls - again add the hemp & chia seeds, & some type of nut butter like peanut or almond for a healthy fat
    All of these can be prepped the night before that way you’re not rushing in the morning. Hope this helps!
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,487 Member
    BeccaL32 wrote: »
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    Prep.
    Egg muffins.
    Pancake muffins.
    Oatmeal muffins

Ah thank you I may try the scrambled eggs with cottage cheese a go, how would it look like? Could you give me an idea please? And is having a banana in the morning good for you?

Sorry. I just now saw this.
    The scrambled eggs with cottage cheese look just like soft scrambled eggs. When you get to the bottom of the container on the last day, there is some liquid (whey) at the bottom. It's ok.
    Banana alone for breakfast. No not for me. Not enough protein. With some protein, yes.
  • ericanahnahnah
    ericanahnahnah Posts: 11 Member
    If I am running late; banana cut length wise, peanut butter spread on top sprinkled with pepitas or an apple with a cheese stick, plain yogurt with frozen blueberries and sprinkled with my seed mix and honey or I will have beets and cottage cheese. I am also not above cold leftovers or a slice of bread with whatever I can find to put inside inside.

If I plan or have time; egg on toast with tomatoes, overnight oats.

PS: I run late A LOT!
  • nutrifoodinspo101
    nutrifoodinspo101 Posts: 1 Member
    You can boil eggs a day ahead or make a sandwich before you go to sleep.

You can follow nutrifoodinspo101 I post there a quick and easy breakfast meals ideas and sometimes recipes and all my meals does not take a lot of time
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 393 Member
    I'm not much of a breakfast person, but lately my go-to has been an everything bagel with jalapeno cream cheese. I go light on the cream cheese and it ends up being around 250 calories.

Sometimes I will just have a couple hard boiled eggs with salt or everything bagel seasoning on them.

Side note: You can make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer too. :)
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 393 Member
    If I am running late; banana cut length wise, peanut butter spread on top sprinkled with pepitas or an apple with a cheese stick, plain yogurt with frozen blueberries and sprinkled with my seed mix and honey or I will have beets and cottage cheese. I am also not above cold leftovers or a slice of bread with whatever I can find to put inside inside.

If I plan or have time; egg on toast with tomatoes, overnight oats.

PS: I run late A LOT!

Pepitas on a peanut butter banana! I may need to try that!