Has anyone done a cleanse?

I’m thinking of doing a 3-day cleanse to restart my health plan. Any suggestions or advice?

Answers

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,949 Member
    Briannah Jewell is a certified personal trainer currently studying for her Masters in human nutrition and dietetics.

Her YouTube channel is a wealth of information. She covers multi level marketing claims about nutrition, and shows how to properly exercise (critiquing some online “influencers” whose exercise advice ranges from silly to downright dangerous)

Here is a very good deep dive into one multi level marketing company’s “3 day refresh” which might be something similar to what you are considering.

She is worth listening to.

https://youtu.be/J6MX18Q09RE?si=11_VVu55SvNIQ3Od
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,916 Member
    What are you cleansing? Short answer..............nothing in your body. These fads are designed for one reason only.....................profit by spending cheap and getting people to believe that doing it will change their body's.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 40 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    edited July 16
    yakalaska wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing. Sadly, I was sucked in to one of these 3 day resets by a childhood friend. It did not go well, sick and shaky and miserable and a few bucks poorer is what it did for me. I enjoyed listening to her.

Fixed it for you. And thanks so very much for your honesty. Most people wouldn’t.

If I’d got that dollar for every time I heard this nonsense on MFP, I’d pay ya back.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,949 Member
    yakalaska wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing. Sadly, I was sucked in to one of these 3 day resets by a childhood friend. It did not go well, sick and shaky and miserable and a few bucks poorer is what it did for me. I enjoyed listening to her.

Fixed it for you. And thanks so very much for your honesty. Most people wouldn’t.

If I’d got that dollar for every time I heard this nonsense on MFP, I’d pay ya back.

Sad to report that it’s similar on other apps.
    Sometimes, responding to these “cleanse” and “toxins” posts, it feels like we’re bailing out a sinking yacht with a teaspoon.

Ditto the whole “I’m eating 800 calories for a week and I haven’t lost 50 pounds, what am I doing wrong???!?” (intentional exaggeration to make my point)

But, bit by bit, we are pushing back the tide of nonsense pushed by diet culture influencers. And that’s a good thing.