Favorite Thing

dhwild2
dhwild2 Posts: 2 Member
edited July 15 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all! What is your favorite thing about the my fitness pal app? I am new and would love to hear what you like about it!

Replies

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 507 Member
    The community. I can also count on good feedback and support from the members here. A lot of people b*tched (and continue to) about the Newsfeed being gone, but I'm doing fine by joining threads (like the 200 + Ladies thread and the 60+ thread) and soliciting advice when I have concerns or questions.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,331 Member
    The community forums are the only part of MFP that I use, so I'd say they're my favorite. Most of the boards have a very direct, honest information style which I appreciate.
  • rocketdoctor
    rocketdoctor Posts: 1 Member
    I love being able to scan labels to enter food makes it so easy. Also, when you start searching for food, the app shows matches from what you entered first. It's a great App worth the premium version
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    A lesser known feature I'm a big fan of: the weekly nutrition view, especially for calorie intake. It helps me balance higher calorie days with lower calorie days when I have an overall view of the last 7 days.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,784 Member
    Honestly, my favorite part is the basic logging, with tracking of both calories and major nutrients. It helped me change my quality of life for the better. (I know it's not the only app that offers that. It may not even be the best logging app, however someone defines "best". I don't care. It's the one I chose and use.)

I also profoundly appreciate the Community. It's the most sane and sensible social network I've ever come across, by far. I've learned so much from other MFP-ers! There is a huge diversity of personalities and communication styles, from blunt tough love to empathetically warm'n'fuzzy. Some people are turned off by the communication styles that don't speak to them, even feel offended. I like the diversity. I think virtually everyone who posts here truly wants to help others succeed.