Hello everyone, so happy to join this app in the hopes of finding good ideas about getting a little fit. I wanted to get feedback from you all. I am wanting lose about 15 pounds. What do you consider is best workout, an elliptical machine or I usually use growwithjo workout on YouTube. I would love to hear what is your thoughts on this.

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,940 Member
    Welcome!

Ultimately, the best workout is one which A) you actually do and B) one which does not cause injury. If you enjoy one type of workout and keep at it without missing days, no matter what it is, it will give more benefits than a different workout which you hate and thus either find excuses to avoid doing or do but give only a half-hearted effort.

So be willing to try new things, from sports to weightlifting to assorted cardio to rock climbing to ballroom dancing to martial arts to hiking in nature and so on. You never know when something will spark a fire inside.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    edited July 18
    For me, elliptical all the way. I lost 20lbs in the first half of the year by cutting the calories and running on the elliptical 4 to 5 days a week, for 45min-1hr, depending on how long the Downton Abbey episode was ;)