CALORIE DEFICIT

Fjorino_
Fjorino_ Posts: 2 Member
Hello everyone!
I hope you are all doing fine and are healthy
Today I have decided to renew my membership and I am very excited for the upcoming year.
Motivation comes and goes but discipline is different. Discipline is defined as the quality of being able to behave and work in a controlled way which involves obeying particular rules or standards.
Here are the rules
if you are a Woman than multiple your body weight by 10 and start tracking!
if you are a man than multiple your body weight be 11 and also start tracking!
ENTER the CALORIE DEFICIT

Replies

• Fjorino_
    Fjorino_ Posts: 2 Member
    Fjorino_ wrote: »
    Hello everyone!
    I hope you are all doing fine and are healthy
    Today I have decided to renew my membership and I am very excited for the upcoming year.
    Motivation comes and goes but discipline is different. Discipline is defined as the quality of being able to behave and work in a controlled way which involves obeying particular rules or standards.
    Here are the rules

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    edited July 16
    Honey, if I ate 10x my body weight, I’d be dangerously undernourished.

Where in the world did you get that number? One size does not fit all, which is why MFP provides questions such as height, weight, activity level to help determine a reasonable goal.

Today I’ll be eating 17.33x my body weight…..and will still be in a fairly substantial deficit.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    Fjorino_ wrote: »
    Here are the rules

Or perhaps use a more sensible method to arrive at a calorie goal, taking into account activity level, weight, rate of loss...
    This method would give me 1350 kcal. Perhaps appropriate if I were sedentary, but not with my activity level. Not to mention I'd be gnawing my arm off at that intake.
  • springlering62
    @Lietchi props for stopping at one After Eight.

I used to could demolish a box of those in five minutes flat- and convince myself I’d savoured each and every one.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member

I used to could demolish a box of those in five minutes flat- and convince myself I’d savoured each and every one.

@springlering62 I'm extremely confused now where the comment about After Eight is coming from 😆 I love those and usually eat them in pairs, 17gr and 73kcal.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,784 Member
    I'm with folks above: MFP will give people a much better starting calorie estimate than that, more personalized and research based besides. All they need to do is put some basic demographic data info in their MFP profile, no arithmetic required.

If I ate 10 times my body weight (in pounds) daily, I'd lose two pounds or more per week, not a remotely sensible or healthy thing to do at my current weight of 132 pounds. Even at my starting weight (class 1 obese), it would've been punitively few calories. I lost weight at a good rate eating hundreds more calories than that per day.

Also: MFP is used internationally. Anyone who used your recommendations with a bodyweight in kilograms or stones could quite literally starve, for sure compromise their health. Using kg, I'd be eating 680 calories daily, losing over 3 pounds a week. Just no.
  • springlering62
    edited July 16
    Lietchi wrote: »

@springlering62 I'm extremely confused now where the comment about After Eight is coming from 😆 I love those and usually eat them in pairs, 17gr and 73kcal.

🤣 I assumed 17gr was one. Still. Props
    For two. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

The See’s chocolates in my freezer are 170 for two. 😭