Are my carbs too high??

Options
This is day 5 for me. I have been following my eating/exercise guide perfectly, but it seems when I plugged in my numbers that my carbs were REALLY high??

I'm alotted 1210 cal/day, 166 carbs, 40 g fat, 45 g protein...I exercise @ least 5 times a day for @ least 30 min. Would it help or hurt me to lower those carbs a bit. I don't feel like I need so many, and I find myself looking for things with carbs to make that number. Would it benefit me to lower it?
Thanks so much for any help!!

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    55% carbs? Not necessarily. You could go lower if you like, but 55% isn't wrong necessarily.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    You workout fives times a day for thirty minutes? Thats, 2 1/2 hours of exercise a day. If that's the case, your carbs are JUST fine.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    My 1st question is why are you working out 5 times a day? That's crazy!
    And who alloted you 1210 calories a day? You're doctor?

Eating that little and exercising that much you will go into starvation mode and gain weight.
    Now think how pissed you'll be if you are always hungry, woking out 2 1/2 hrs a day and you
    are gaining weight. You need somebody to help you get on the porper track.
    Let me know if I can help set you up so you make positive progress.
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I bet she meant 5 times a week!
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    I bet she meant 5 times a week!

That's what I was thinking!!!
  • ashlee2407
    ashlee2407 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I meant week..lol.. sorry, i was rushing through my post :)
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Whew...that's a good thing.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Do what works best for you - if you want more protein, do more protein. But your carbs are not necessarily too high in general. :)

1210 isn't necessarily too low either... just eat your exercise calories. :)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,713 Member
    Options
    This is day 5 for me. I have been following my eating/exercise guide perfectly, but it seems when I plugged in my numbers that my carbs were REALLY high??

I'm alotted 1210 cal/day, 166 carbs, 40 g fat, 45 g protein...I exercise @ least 5 times a day for @ least 30 min. Would it help or hurt me to lower those carbs a bit. I don't feel like I need so many, and I find myself looking for things with carbs to make that number. Would it benefit me to lower it?
    Thanks so much for any help!!
    The MFP default is 55% carbs, 15% protein, and 30% fat. There are practically as many opinions about what the percentages should be as there are MFP members. :laugh: That said, I think a lot of people would agree that the default is somewhat on the high side for carbs, the low side for protein, and the high side for fat. I've played around with my ratios. Currently, I have mine set at 45% carbs, 30% protein, and 25% fat. I think you'd be perfectly fine to tweak yours a bit. Personally, I think a reasonable and safe range for each would be from 40 to 55% for carbs, 15 to 30% for protein, and 20 to 30% for fat.
  • ashlee2407
    ashlee2407 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your help!! I really liked your ratio, PJilly, so forgive me for copying but I took that one on. My cal stay at 1210, carbs 136, fat 34, protein 91. Its a small change, but I feel a lot more comfortable with it. THANKS AGAIN!!! :)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,713 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your help!! I really liked your ratio, PJilly, so forgive me for copying but I took that one on. My cal stay at 1210, carbs 136, fat 34, protein 91. Its a small change, but I feel a lot more comfortable with it. THANKS AGAIN!!! :)
    You're welcome, and you're forgiven. LOL. Sometimes a small change can make a big difference. Good luck! :happy: