New here and looking for advice

Hello everyone, looking for some diet tips.
Just started a high protein and low carb diet, but I am not sure how to do it properly. I go to the gym for about an hour a day until the weekend, then I use 2 hours to do cardio and lifting. Any tips on how to do my cut cycle properly and stick with it long term? I am on my 2nd week of my cycle and I'm dropping about 1.5 lbs a day. Should I keep going for the 4 weeks or stop early and start to lift/bulk harder?

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,940 Member
    I'm going to assume that's losing 1.5 lbs per week, not per day, which would be absurd.

In terms of how to cut properly, it's very similar to plain old losing weight with an even heavier emphasis on keeping protein high. "High" being relative, about 0.7-0.8g of protein per pound of bodyweight. Also unless you're preparing for a competition of some sort, keep the cut slow to moderate to minimize the loss of muscle as you go, and also to avoid cutting too much into your energy level during workouts.

As for when to stop a cut and switch to bulking, that's very personal. Some people choose a weight, cut til they reach that weight, then swap to bulk. For others, maybe it's cut until your clothes fit a certain way (say you need to tighten the belt a notch) before bulking. For still others, they simply set a date on the calendar, cut until that date and switch.