Newsfeed

Well I can’t believe they have gotten rid of the newsfeed, it was a way of liking posts and commenting to others on their progress and saying well done as well as sharing our own updates and successes, or failures.
Time to find a new food logging app I think and leave MFP after 9 years in total.
What a shame, will miss the friends I made 😞

Answers

• lornamarie57
    lornamarie57 Posts: 32 Member
    I miss it too. I had a community that was checking in regularly. Now I feel alone. Hope you post to share if you find something more community oriented.
  • beccatesterman
    beccatesterman Posts: 1 Member
    I miss it too, although I made very few posts. Is the re e a general check in category anywhere?
  • Dobbythefreelef
    Dobbythefreelef Posts: 33 Member
    Why did they remove it. What the heck
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited July 31
    I am really missing the newsfeed too…my personal newsfeed was always high energy and personable.

The community boards do not have as much engagement as it was in years past —although I am happy to chat with the same 12 friendly people that typically engage and who I admire… I feel like its fizzling out and the owner/executive relationship to the newsfeed loving membership has been a missed opportunity for increased engagement.

Meh. You’ve made me think.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,331 Member
    I am really missing the newsfeed too…my personal newsfeed was always high energy and personable.

The community boards do not have as much engagement as it was in years past —although I am happy to chat with the same 12 friendly people that typically engage and who I admire… I feel like its fizzling out and the owner/executive relationship to the newsfeed loving membership has been a missed opportunity for increased engagement.

The boards are vastly different than they used to be. I remember when I had to block MFP from my work browser because there were so many posts, I'd just end up down a rabbit hole. Now it's a nice 5 or 10 minute break between projects. It's a habit I really should break. More and more it seems like the same few people answering the same few questions and having the same few arguments. Not nearly the interaction with other members that there used to be.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,313 Member
    COGypsy wrote: »

The boards are vastly different than they used to be. I remember when I had to block MFP from my work browser because there were so many posts, I'd just end up down a rabbit hole. Now it's a nice 5 or 10 minute break between projects. It's a habit I really should break. More and more it seems like the same few people answering the same few questions and having the same few arguments. Not nearly the interaction with other members that there used to be.

@COGypsy agree! I do think the boards are held together by the same 12-15 people.
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 449 Member
    I much prefer the format of Facebook, so I’ve been hanging out there on Lose Weight Eat Pizza. It’s CICO. Absolutely no marketing of any kind. Pretty positive and supportive people.