what is your go to healthy high calorie lunch which can be packed?

i’ve realised that i have high calorie breakfast and dinners but im lacking the lunch to push me over the line into the surplus, preferably high in protein and carbs too, thankyou for reading.

Answers

• need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 358 Member
    I need a calorie level. What I may consider "high" may not be what you're needed. Are you wanting refrigerated? Microwaved?
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    edited July 26
    Hummus is an easy addition to wraps and sandwiches
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    This is a little different take on a reply. If off target or obvious . . . apologies.

It sounds like you already have an idea of high-calorie things you can eat, maybe (I hope) even like to eat. Maybe think about extending the definition of what's packable?

Three simple things can help with that:

1. An insulated lunch bag.
    2. One of those reusable freezable cold blocks that fits in the bag (one brand we have here is "Blue Ice", which you can web search if you don't know what I mean (and I don't mean the glacier kind, I mean the plastic-encased kind! :D )).
    3. A wide-mouth insulated bowl with a tight lid.

With those things, you can pack hot things or need-refrigeration things and keep them hot or cold until time to eat, even if you don't have access to a refrigerator or microwave.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,187 Member
    Johnsonville sausage roasted in oven
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited August 7
    Half cup of macadamia nuts for a snack has 405 calories.
    1 boost protein shake has 530 cals and 23 grams protein. That’s 900+ calroies - throw them in a sack and go. ;)

Need more.. do a peanut butter sandwich - 4 tablespoons of PB high protein skippy
    420 cals plus bread of choice. 20 grams of protein.