Hello all hoping to find motivation

87px7tscf2
87px7tscf2 Posts: 1 Member
edited July 26 in Getting Started
Been on a journey to getting healthy about 4 months now. Started with a Nutritionist but after a month I realized it wasn’t working out. Been doing really well on my own but now starting to loose steam which is crazy because I’m really noticing a difference now in my health. Biggest struggle is meal prep I’m either to lazy or to scattered to make this happen but know it’s the key. Hoping to get inspiration through others journey.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,782 Member
    Not trying to be a jerk here, but are you sure meal prep is the key?

You've made progress, and that's great.

For anyone with a material amount of weight to lose (or with other significant health/fitness improvements to accomplish), there's a point where the honeymoon is over (newbie excitement and motivation start to drain away). To me, that's a good time to double down on how to make the process easier, how to make it fit better with our preferences and lifestyle, etc. Is the current approach optimal?

Maybe prepping IS key. But if prepping is becoming an obstacle, are there any other alternatives?

Wishing you success, no matter the answer to that. :D
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,487 Member
    I meal prep, but not like some do.
    Cooking a hamburger for supper? Cook as many patties as your pan will hold. Eat one, freeze the rest. Later one can be A quick sandwich, crumbled with chili beans for a quick chili, crumbled and added to spaghetti sauce, taco, etc. Same for rice or quinoa.