Day to day…

Before retirement weekends used to be hard days to stay on program. Now that retirement is here, every day is just as hard. I’ve started a new routine at night before bedtime. I review the day’s food log and try to log tomorrow’s meals and exercises to follow. I seem to need a plan or a guide each day. I don’t always follow it but I do log what I eat. FitnessPal notified me that tomorrow will make 130 consecutive days of logging my activities and Meals. My goal for this weekend is more movement. What’s yours?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,782 Member
    As a fellow retired person, I hear what you're saying. But that challenge can also be a super power: We have near total control over our schedule and behavior.

I'm 68, been retired since 2006, though I did work about quarter time for a few years post-retirement. I've been active (in ways I love) longer, since around 2002-3 (staying class 1 obese until 2015). I've been on MFP since July 2015, after committing to weight loss in April 2015, and in maintenance since early 2016. I've been up and down within a healthy range (and in the same jeans size) since loss in 2015-16 from class 1 obese to a healthy weight.

I get that everyone's challenges differ, but also viscerally understand that the quality of life improvements from success can be truly huge. I hope (and plan) to be at a healthy weight and active for the rest of my life if at all possible.

I'd say, give yourself some grace in figuring out who "retired you" really is . . . but keep up the great work on finding the most positive possible version of yourself.

So far, I've logged in to MFP for 3,292 days. I logged food like religion at first (until reaching a healthy weight and grooving in maintenance), but don't consistently log now. I'm still active, not out of duty, but because I've found activity that makes my life happy. I'm sure I'll lose my login streak eventually - bound to go someplace without internet, sooner or later. :D

My weekend has been good: I row (skinny boats like in the Olympics, but mine is slow ;) ). Saturday was a coached row, with coaching from the local university's varsity assistant coach. Then I drove about an hour to have lunch with women I met through an "elder orphans" group. (Elder orphans = 55+ people without spouse, children, siblings, or similar for support.) Sunday has been a quiet day at home, doing some home chores and visual journaling.

Best wishes to you for success here in MFP: The results are worth the effort!