Weekly Net Calories

SBfit03
SBfit03 Posts: 3 Member
edited July 27 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello all! I’m new to the app. Hopefully someone can answer this question for me…. My weekly net calories are showing a much lower number than what i believe it should be. It’s currently showing a net of 1,433. But when I add up calories remaining from each day I have a sum of 2,026. What am I missing here?

Best Answer

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,853 Member
    Answer ✓
    Ah right. Makes sense. As long as you eat enough overall, still eat enough during the week and don't feel miserable all is fine.

Answers

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    edited July 27
    That 2026 calories should have been eaten. Your Goals are set at the number you need to eat in order to reach the weight loss rate you chose. 1433 is the average amount per day you ate (after subtraction for Exercise.)

Say your goal is 1700. You then run for 40 minutes. That burns 300 calories. Your Goal is then 2000. If you don't eat 2000, everything below that is a subtraction from your Net.

Goal plus Exercise minus Food eaten = Net

Don't leave 2026 calories per week. Eat until the bottom on your FOOD diary is ZERO, and the "Calories Remaining" is also ZERO.
  • SBfit03
    SBfit03 Posts: 3 Member
    @cmriverside thanks so much for your response.This does makes sense. However I should have mentioned that my intentions are to “bank” Mon - Friday so I can indulge on the weekend. I just want to make sure I’m working from the correct net.