my right hand is not lifting dumble weight and left is lifting it is happening form 2days.

why it is happening
Tagged:

Answers

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,939 Member
    It's quite common for one arm or leg to be stronger than the other. One way to address this is to use a weight the weaker limb can handle, and start your set with the weaker limb. However many reps that limb can do, that's how many you do for the stronger limb.

Yes, this means the stronger limb will not be worked out to its maximum potential, but our goal is to try to raise the weaker limb to be equal with its counterpart.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,782 Member
    Depending on how serious the difference is, this may or may not apply.

There was a time period when for certain exercises with a pair of dumbbells, my left arm would complete a specific lift fine, but my right hand would just not even be able to hang onto the weight through the range of motion. It wasn't painful, but it felt almost like a reflex kind of thing: At a certain point in the normal motion, a motion I'd previously been able to do with the same weight, my hand would just let go of the weight. It felt really mysterious.

It was diagnosed as nerve impingement in my shoulder. Physical therapy helped resolve the problem. The exercise where I perceived the problem (i.e., losing hold of the weight) was not the exercise that was causing or aggravating the problem.