Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Real introduction

Londablank
Londablank Posts: 14 Member
Hey, y’all, New to the app and a married mom here. I started at 360 pounds in August of 2021. I found this out when I woke up from my coma and they had weighed me while I was unconscious. I had 2 strokes in 2020 and due to immobility I had put on almost 100 pounds and did Not even know it!

I had a medication change in Feb of 2022 and due to this change (not a med we thought would cause this) I had a Major decrease in appetite and lost the craving for all junk food.

I started dropping weight like crazy, without even trying. I physically was unable to exercise due to being disabled due to the major health issues and the weight was dropping off. I was weighed at the doctor the other day and I am now 211 and I have fluctuated between 210-215 for about 5 months now. I am Super proud of how far I’ve come, but At 5’1” I am Still morbidly obese and have a LONG way to go!!

I am more mobile now than I have Ever been, so my appetite has increased, but not by a massive amount. I am off the majority of the medications I used to be on. IE: all blood presssure, cholesterol, All diabetic (was on pills, extended insulin, and pre-meal). So I watch my carb intake as much as I can. Once a diabetic… you have to watch it and it runs on Both sides of my family.

I am eager to due this and would Love the extra support!! I have a few health complications that make the dietary issues a struggle and I get easily Frustrated. Most in my Immediate him are obese and not too supportive as they shovel junk food in their face. Outside family live in other states, but if they talk about weight issues: it’s mix of shaming and then advice that is impossible to follow! Ex: well you should do more exercise/cardio, get your heart rate up (I was wheelchair bound for 8 months). OR I have these amazing supplements or some drink that’s $89 a bottle or $399 a month for subscription, it’s amazing and burns the fat! (Ummm I can’t afford your snake oil that’s not even guaranteed to work. You say it worked for you, but you only had 30 pounds to lose, Not over 100 AND you changed your diet and excercised along with taking your outrageously priced product! Which really worked, the product or the Life change??) sorry I don’t need to support their latest MLM they’re trying to do.

I would Love REAL support!! Hoping to find some