Protein craving

My name is Pam and I have lost 81 pounds over the last couple of years. The last 46 pounds while using this application. I have had 2 days this week that I craved protein. Both days I have indulged myself, not going over my calorie limit but really packing the protein into my diet. Is this unusual? Is my body trying to tell me something?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    I don't think it's unusual to crave things now and then. At least you've been craving something beneficial (essential even), and not exceeding your personal calories goals.

Are you seeing this as a problem? Personally, I don't worry about things like this, if craving/eating one thing isn't putting me significantly over calories or short-changing some other part of nutritional goals on a systematic or recurring basis. (Honestly, I don't think I'd even pay attention enough to notice, as long as there wasn't an ongoing worrisome nutritional pattern.)

I don't know whether your body's trying to tell you something. Maybe. But remember that there definitely exist food cravings people have (like pica) that are a craving to eat something that doesn't supply the nutrient(s) that are craved.

Just my opinion, and I'm no expert, though.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,487 Member
    I'm a meat eater! I crave protein often. Only in the last few years I've been able to use yogurt or cottage cheese for my protein fix. I've been ok so far(50 years or so).
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,157 Member
    Animals will seek out what their bodies need to survive, and we are animals.