What’s the best way for getting rid of big thighs?

Even after trying to be in a calorie deficit I still have large thunder thighs, I’ve tried exercises but I still haven’t found any luck

Answers

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 507 Member
    Genetics will determine where your fat will leave your body while you're in a calorie deficit. I can relate to you, the fat on my thighs is stubborn as well and historically have only leaned out when I was a very low body weight/body fat (seventeen percent and 110 pounds).

There is no way to "spot reduce."
  • erinmohr22390
    erinmohr22390 Posts: 3 Member
    I've tone up my thighs with side lunges, forward lunges, squats, leg lifts, etc. But it's definitely one of the harder areas to lose fat! Hope this helps! 😊
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    I've tone up my thighs with side lunges, forward lunges, squats, leg lifts, etc. But it's definitely one of the harder areas to lose fat! Hope this helps! 😊

Exercise builds muscle, it doesn't spot reduce fat. If size is an issue, I wouldn't recommend resistance training. It can help an area look better though.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    17535mfp wrote: »
    Even after trying to be in a calorie deficit I still have large thunder thighs, I’ve tried exercises but I still haven’t found any luck

Because you use the word "trying" I can't tell if the problem is because you need to lose weight or your expectations are distorted by social and other media.

If you're trying and failing to be in a calorie deficit, and still need to lose weight, that's one issue.

What's your height, current weight, and goal weight?
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,731 Member
    Unfortunately, some of us store fat in our legs, while others may store it in their stomach, butt, or breasts. If you lose enough weight, your legs will get slimmer, but they may never be truly thin. Exercise will tone up your legs, so they look better, but they may still seem large to you.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,487 Member
    Embrace them. It's well accepted now--even admired.
    I had thunder thighs and a bubble but for YEARS. Just about the time they came into style, I had a hysterectomy and lost it all. Now I'm built like a football player, all shoulders. Lol. Life happens. Embrace it!
  • pony4us
    pony4us Posts: 161 Member
    Pick different parents. I have always had wrestler legs and a bubble butt. Not one bit of fat on them and very very muscular, as did generations of women before me. If the genetics aren't there you will never have Barbie legs. As was said above, embrace them.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    It may just be your shape. Big thighs aren’t always from having too much fat.