Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Your ring sizes go up and down.

HeidiCooksSupper
HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,838 Member
As I lose weight and exercise, my wedding ring threatens to fall off. Other times, water retention keeps it almost too tight. A great solution is a $5 ring size adjustment kit that has spirals of various sizes that you can cut to length and easily add or remove. I've had mine for years and I've yet to use up the supply!

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,774 Member
    Interesting concept. I imagine it's more useful for thin-banded rings like my wife's, rather than the thick band of mine.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,731 Member
    edited July 31
    I wish I had that before I lost my platinum wedding ring that cost well over $1,000, after I had lost about 55-60 pounds.
  • Canlafre921
    Canlafre921 Posts: 11 Member
    Mine does this all the time, so days its loose and some days its tight. It makes me feel better when it is loose. :D
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    edited August 1
    nossmf wrote: »
    Interesting concept. I imagine it's more useful for thin-banded rings like my wife's, rather than the thick band of mine.

There are various other kinds of ring size adjusters for wider band rings, including the spiral kind in bigger sizes. I'm not stumping to buy from them, but if you want to see some, searching something like "wide ring size adjuster" on Amazon will show examples.

Any of these, or a guard ring (a smaller ring worn outside the loose one), can help avoid losing a ring until weight loss is over and the ring can be resized.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 491 Member
    Same thing happened to me with fitted hats. I never thought Id lose weight in the "headband" area.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!