I live in a seniors' community with people over 100 I envy!

I'm 73 and have been overweight since puberty. I know how to lose weight and how to eat well doing it. What I lack is stick-to-it-iveness. Being heavy is affecting me adversely and if I want to be happy and healthy in my 90s and beyond, I need to clean up my act. I've been in limbo being hubby's caretaker but he's now permanently in the community nursing home and I have to choose how I want to live. I don't want to die young so I need to take hold of my life and live how I choose. This will take work and discipline whereas I've been enjoying effortless drift. To meet my goal of living happily for another 20 or 30 years I need to undertake major changes in how I think. Not easy, gang. Anybody else facing this kind of fundamental issue?

Replies

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,312 Member
    Kudos for taking charge and making changes for your future.

I’m in a different generation (I guess I’m millennial).. but I find it extremely inspiring to have life long fitness and health. I’ve had a number of family members with debilitating disease and it’s a emotional and physical lift for the family.

I only wish my other family members would have tried to focus on their health in the 70s.
    I think the future can be our best selves.

Buona fortuna to you!! ☘️