Last Cardio Day

Today is my last day of cardio. Thank God. But I found my sweet spot with four days of cardio. How many days of cardio do you do?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    edited July 31
    Sooo... You dislike cardio?
    I'm not even sure what that means really, cardio can be sooooooo many different things :smile:

My preferred exercise is running (on the treadmill) - I do it because I enjoy it (despite suffering sometimes :mrgreen: ) and because I find it fulfilling and challenging. And the treadmill in my basement is convenient: no worrying about what I look like and I can watch my recorded shows and series.
    I don't count in number of days, but rather number of kilometers - sometimes I do a short run (nearly) every day, sometimes fewer but longer runs. Depending on what's convenient, how I feel,...

I also keep an eye on how many minutes of exercise I do: the WHO recommends 150min of average intensity/75min of high intensity per week (but I usually have a multiple of that, unless an injury keeps me from running).

If you're thanking God that you've done your last day of cardio for the week, perhaps find a type of cardio you like? :smile:
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,853 Member
    Find some cardio that you enjoy doing. Cardio is not so much for weightloss, but for general heart and circulatory health. And who doesn't want to be healthy. Think running, cycling, walking and exploring new places outside, dancing, parcour, swimming, paddling... whatever gets you moving.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,557 Member
    As others have said, depends on what you mean by cardio. I train for 2-2.5 hrs at a time doing Olympic weightlifting. It’s not cardio as rowing or running would be, but trust me, it’s cardio. Especially if I’m doing a long complex with short breaks - I love it. That’s why I do it.
  • John772016
    John772016 Posts: 130 Member
    7 days? Not really sure as I tend to go for distance.
    My cardio:
    Running.
    Cycling.
    Walking.
    It's all cardio and those are the ones I like that I rotate through.
    There are others as well, lots of them, as mentioned above. I've tried others, dropped them when I realized I didn't enjoy them.
    If you dread the cardio you are doing so much, you should change what you choose to do.
    My cardio is something I look forward too.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member

I dislike that "do cardio" idea, too. It's not all one thing.

For sure, I don't "do cardio" I dislike so much that I'm glad it's over. Ugh! I would've stopped doing it years ago if I didn't enjoy it (stopped by attrition: procrastination, skipping it with the slightest excuse, getting out of the habit . . . ).

Right now, I'm rowing on water 4 to 5 days a week. I haven't been riding my bike recently (other schedule demands), but had been doing that a couple of other days a week. In the Winter when I can't row/bike outdoors, I mostly alternate rowing machine and stationary bike for 6 days a week. That's not as much fun, but I listen to podcast-type stuff while I row and watch videos or play games while I bike, and it keeps me condition so I can enjoy the outdoor things again come Spring.

I've been rowing regularly for 22 years: I don't want to stop. (I'd row every day if I could recover enough.) I've been biking routinely somewhat less long, but that's at more than a decade in one form or another, too.

If the goal is weight loss: I was "doing cardio" like that for over a decade while staying class 1 obese. Being active is good for a body (and fun, in my world), but it doesn't assure weight loss.