Exhausted!!

Options
2»

Replies

• LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! lots of good advice and encouragement. :flowerforyou: I am going to try and get up earlier. i already wake up at 5:30:frown: I think I have mixed up my sleep schedule by taking naps when I get home. Also when I finish working out I feel good but then very tired. I was told that I should eat some protein after a work out. Any ideas about that? If it's true any suggestions? Protein shakes have too many calories.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    You have to just tell yourself you'll feel better afterwards, this is what I do. I close at work 3 nights a week which gets me home at 7, exercising around 7:15-7:30. I usually get done about 8:30 or 9, shower, eat, then drink my protein shake and relax. I feel better and energized but by the time I get in bed (about 11) I'm just tired enough to sleep. You could also work out in the morning. If you really want this, you just have to do it. No excuses.

Totally agree. Everyone has their job, their work. We are all tired. As Nike says - " Just do it "
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    [/quote]

LOL Can you do more than you did before you lost the 54 pounds? If yes you already have more energy. I still fall into bed exhausted by the end of the day, but through out the day I have more energy and get more done. :bigsmile:
    [/quote]

I pretty much walk around like a zombie all day. I only do what I have to do, I dont have t he energy to do any extras. I am seriously always just exhausted and I think its gotten worse since I started working out! lol
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That is exactly how I feel.
  • jenjerwey
    jenjerwey Posts: 8
    Options
    I am definitly NOT a morning person either! I have forced myself to get up early to excersize because I just am too tired in the afternoon to do it. It took awhile to get into the routine but now it is easier and I feel more energized for the day! I go to bed earlier now because I am getting up so darn early. What has been nice is that going to bed earlier has helped me cut down on the late night munchies because I am in bed when those would generally hit about 10 PM.
  • bellanean
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! lots of good advice and encouragement. :flowerforyou: I am going to try and get up earlier. i already wake up at 5:30:frown: I think I have mixed up my sleep schedule by taking naps when I get home. Also when I finish working out I feel good but then very tired. I was told that I should eat some protein after a work out. Any ideas about that? If it's true any suggestions? Protein shakes have too many calories.

Then your looking at the wrong protein shakes. For the amount you weigh, you should have plently of calories to add in a protein shake.
  • bellanean
    Options
    That is exactly how I feel.

You just have to do it. I start school in about a month and I could only imagine how tired I am going to be then. My body needs more sleep then I can give it, but thats all I have to spare :-( Id rather be skinny and tired then fat and tired though!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options

LOL Can you do more than you did before you lost the 54 pounds? If yes you already have more energy. I still fall into bed exhausted by the end of the day, but through out the day I have more energy and get more done. :bigsmile:
    [/quote]

I pretty much walk around like a zombie all day. I only do what I have to do, I dont have t he energy to do any extras. I am seriously always just exhausted and I think its gotten worse since I started working out! lol
    [/quote]

I have an underactive thyroid and felt like that before I was told I had it. Maybe you can have your doctor check that. it is just a blood test. After I was put on medication for it I felt so much better. I also dropped a bunch of weight. (35 pounds dropped), I was close to 300 pounds. That was about 5 years ago now I am working on the other 70 I needed to loose. Hope you feel better :flowerforyou:
  • bellanean
    Options

[/quote]

I have an underactive thyroid and felt like that before I was told I had it. Maybe you can have your doctor check that. it is just a blood test. After I was put on medication for it I felt so much better. I also dropped a bunch of weight. (35 pounds dropped), I was close to 300 pounds. That was about 5 years ago now I am working on the other 70 I needed to loose. Hope you feel better :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

I had my blood work done. Im as good as it gets. lol Theres just no reason expect for needing more sleep that I cant give my body!
  • tdh302
    tdh302 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in the camp of "even if you just do 10 minutes a day." A little is better than none, so you just do what you can until you begin to gain some energy. I am also in agreement with pursuing thyroid testing. I have a very hard schedule - but so do thousands of others on here- and I continued to assume that my extreme fatigue was from that. Just found out that I have to have an in depth thyroid test done in a couple of months because routine blood worked was flagged for a possible thyroid issue. If you feel a sense of low motivation - more than occasionally- then definitely get your thyroid checked. Being very tired and lacking motivation to even do routine things may be indicative of an issue. You won't know until you fine out.

Pay close attention to your food choices and calorie recommendations in the meantime and you will be on the right track :)
  • kara2
    kara2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I too feel exhausted but adding excercise to my life has made all the difference for me. I currently weigh 368 lbs and it is hard sometimes to get out there and just do it. I started with a simple walk around my block and was able to work up to a mile in a couple of weeks. I have been doing water aerobics for a few days now and I love it. I may be the biggest lady in the pool but I am having fun and working on getting smaller.

I read a quote once that said "You cannot push anyone up the ladder unless he is willing to climb." - Andrew Carnegie. You have to decide if you really want this or not. Do you want to be healthy and have more energy to live your life or not? I know that keeps me going when I want to use my "exhausted card" to get out of a workout. Best of luck to you. I wish you success and energy.