bandatx Posts: 9 Member
I'm 31 years old
Weight 205 lbs
How much water do I need
Hope many calories do I need to burn

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    Drink enough water (or other fluids including those in foods) that your urine is generally a pale yellow color, maybe straw-like. If it's clear, you're drinking too much. If it's bright yellow (like fluorescent) that can be OK, just a sign that you're getting more than you need of certain water-soluble vitamins (not dangerous). If it's dark yellow or (yikes) brown, drink more. If it's any other color, and you're not taking a medication that is documented to cause that, and not eating a massive amount of certain colorful foods, talk with your doctor.

For most people, thirst is a reasonable guide.

It doesn't relate hugely to weight loss, unless you're one of the people who can feel hungry when they're really a bit dehydrated. If you feel hungry, you can try drinking a glass of water and waiting 20 minutes or so to see if it moderates the hunger.

To get a starting calorie estimate, put your personal data into MFP guided setup. Ask it for a weekly loss rate in the range of 0.5-1% of current weight per week (with a bias toward the lower end of that unless severely obese and under close medical supervision for deficiencies or complications). In your case, that would be around a pound (or half a kilo) per week.

It will give you a calorie goal. Follow that reasonably closely (say +/- 50 calories daily on average over a week) for 4-6 weeks, or at least one whole menstrual cycle if you have those. Then compare your actual weight loss to your target. Use that comparison to adjust (personalize) your calorie goal, using the assumption that 500 calories per day is a pound a week, or 1100 calories is a kilo per week; and apply arithmetic for fractional pounds/kilos.

That should work.

Best wishes!