Slow progress

I have lost over 80 pounds in the last year and a half. Even though I’m following the same program I have lost less than 10 pounds over the last 3 months. I upped my protein percentage last month and it didn’t help. I am an older woman and disabled so increasing exercise is difficult. Any suggestions?

Answers

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 507 Member
    Your rate of weight loss is going to slow the closer you get to your goal weight (it takes less calories to maintain a lighter bodyweight). 10 pounds over 3 months is not bad at all. If your weight completely stalls after four weeks I would drop 100 calories, depending if you are low enough as it is (I would not go below 1200). If you are at 1200 consider a recomposition (staying the same weight and increasing muscle). I don't know your disability, but it's do-able even from a wheelchair (I've seen it). These are my suggestions. It would be helpful if you gave us your current height, weight, and calorie intake.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 906 Member
    Recalculate your current caloric need/goal based on your CURRENT data. MFP doesn't adjust/change. Redo the guided set up (if that's what you did before). If you didn't use the guided set up on MFP and originally calculated your caloric need/goal using a different method...do that, but with your current weight/stats, etc. and recalculate your maintenance calories and create a deficit from there.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,133 Member
    80 lbs of loss and your calorie needs change. Try dropping 100-200 calories a day.