Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Women 200lb+, Let's Aspire to Inspire this August!!!

Replies

• kiteflyer105
    kiteflyer105 Posts: 159 Member
    Happy August! I met a goal, which is a big thrill. I completed my first 3 miles walking, since my heart surgery 7 months ago! It was so hot. I had to stop and sit down several times, to be honest. I was walking too fast. Unfortunately, my hips did not appreciate that...I feel blessed though. For a year, due to illness, I have not been physically active daily. At the end my friend's dog was walking me, lol! That was much needed. I saw a horse and bamboo growing beside the path. I never noticed that before. I decided to start with the 2 mile baseline and eventually work my way up from there moving forward.

I am looking up different recipes to try like: tropical kale salad, zucchini soup, shrimp pad tai, pesto chicken thighs, quesadillas, etc. I will be cooking artichokes, which for some reason intimated me. I need to have a variety of food in my life. Occasionally, I succumb to Snickers ice cream bars. Hooray! One of the greatest inventions ever, especially on a day like today. =)

My ED therapist gave me a podcast on intuitive eating to listen to, and we discussed switching to body neutrality. Embarrassingly, I had never thought about it before, meaning I thought that was for other people. I admire people that remain positive over their bodies. It is difficult to do a 360 instantaneously. It will take time to rewire my brain.

Habits I have stopped are: buying to much food at the grocery store, going out to eat too often and instead, preparing high quality nutritious food, portion control, and drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day I want to get into minimalist buying,

I went in the pool for the first time this week. I am still nervous to swim laps though. I am alarmed that my ICD machine may shock me. This keeps me on my toes. Doggy paddling worked for me....

Have a great month everyone.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,321 Member
    @kiteflyer105 congrats on making your goal.

My weight is starting down again so hopefully I will be down to my July low weight and can progress. I am back to drinking my Green Ginger Turmeric Tea not everyday but a few times a week. I add pepper to insure the turmeric works. It is good for many things like inflammation, cholesterol lowering, metabolism etc. I didn't walk as much yesterday but we took our ballots in to the drop box in our neighborhood and it was uphill. Today my goal is to clean my kitchen to get ready for the party we are having this weekend. 1st time showing off our new kitchen. But actually it is because after the kitchen remodel we have been decluttering so we feel like we can have people over more. We still need to paint the rest of our house and get new window coverings.
  • Jensmakingprogress
    Jensmakingprogress Posts: 201 Member
    @kiteflyer105 Congrats on hitting a goal!! You’re 100% correct on the Snickers ice cream bars! Love, love, love those.
  • quolwy
    quolwy Posts: 73 Member
    Hey there, just checking in with my updates!

Starting weight: 219 lbs (6/10/24)
    Ending weight: 212.2 lbs (7/31/24)
    Total loss: -6.8lbs
    Goal weight: 150-165lbs
    Goal Body Fat: 20-25%

Goals for August: ✔
    - Work 4 days/week ✔
    - Walk 10k steps minimum 3x/week ✔
    - Log meals daily and accurately ✔
    - Gym 3x/week ✔
    - Drink more water and less sugar ✔
    - Treat myself once/week with a self date ✔
    - Weigh in at 208lbs at the end of the month (-5.6lbs)

AUGUST:
    1st: 213.6 lbs
    2nd: 212.4 lbs
    3rd: 212.8 lbs
    4th: 212.4 lbs
    5th: 213 lbs
    6th: 212.6 lbs
    7th: 211.6 lbs

Non weight Successes:
    - Went to the gym despite not feeling up to it, and ended up squatting heavier than I have before at this gym!
    - I got a bit off track for a couple days last week, but realized what I was eating wasn't making me FEEL great, and naturally moved back into a healthier state of eating and I'm feeling much better!

I'm planning on measuring myself again once I hit 210lbs, just to see what changes there are. I know I've been losing fat and gaining muscle, but it will be nice to compare the other numbers since the scale isn't going down as quickly as I'm used to :)
  • jo_casey42
    jo_casey42 Posts: 115 Member
    SW: 253
    CW: 237
    First Goal: Onederland
    UGW: TBD

Goals:
    30-60 min walk most days of the week.
    Weigh in daily
    Track everything no matter what
    Eat lots and lots of zero point foods
    WW Workshop everyday
    Get 8 hours of sleep
    Drink lots of water

Weigh in day Thursdays
    Aug 1: 236.8
    Aug 8: 237.2 (going the wrong way :( had a rough weekend. Hopefully this week will be better)
    Aug 15:
    Aug 22:
    Aug 29:
  • Jensmakingprogress

SW: 223

Small goal weight: Onederland
    GW: Whatever weight I am when I hit the physique I’m looking for.

Monthly Goals:
    90-100 oz of water
    2 mile walk
    Mobility improvement
    Core building
    Increase daily protein intake

Weigh in day Friday
    Aug 2: 207
    Aug 9: 205
    Aug 16:
    Aug 23:
    Aug 30:

It’s been a good week overall. I worked on my mental space surrounding weight loss this week, and it’s been positive. I bought pants that were too small to give me another “scale”. One of those pairs unexpectedly fit already. Then I went through my closet and got rid of clothes I don’t wear because they didn’t make me feel good. Found a few shirts that I hadn’t been able to wear, but when I tried them on they fit well and looked good. I’ve also quit putting so much pressure on myself for counting calories and I’m working on more attention to macros.
  • SirOnionKnight
    SirOnionKnight Posts: 82 Member
    Hey guys♥ Reporting in for this second week
    The heatwave over here is really bad right now, so I am sort of ko most of the time, but I am still trying to get some exercise in.

Some stats~
    SW: 123.8kg (272lbs) in April 2023
    CW: 100.1kg (220lbs)
    Small Goal: be below 100kg
    GW: 66kg (145lbs)

August:
    week 01: 100.8kg (222lbs)
    week 02: 100.1kg (220lbs)
    week 03:
    week o4:

I am so close to my goal to be below 100kg! I hope to reach the goal in this upcoming week T_T
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 264 Member
    Jennifer
    Re-started 4/24/24 - 236.2
    CW: 209.4
    GW: 165 (may adjust when I get there)
    5'3" Tall

Monday weigh in:
    8/1 - 210
    8/5 - 209.6
    8/12 - 209.4
    8/19
    8/26
    8/31
    August loss - 0.6

End of Summer Goal - onederland!

Things I want to focus on in August:
    - Better sleep - I will wear my CPAP every night (now that I found a mask that works for me)
    - More H2O
    - Work on my balance and core
    - Weights / strength training 2x per week & walk 2x per week.

I did meet my workout goals this past week. The scale barely moved - I may need to only weigh in every other week - this may help my outlook. I am trying to not focus on the number but I have worked in accounting my whole adult life and numbers don't lie. But in the case of the scale you don't get the whole story sometimes. For example the scale doesn't take into consideration that I had strep throat this past week, which called for a steroid shot, antibiotics and prednisone. In my past experience the steroid shot alone would put 5 pounds on me.

It's hard to put in this much work for food prep, tracking and exercise and see only a .2 loss. I keep trying to tell myself this will not matter in 4 to 6 weeks, but I sometimes struggle with wanting instant gratification / results. I need to realize that I am not doing this for the pounds loss - I am doing this for a healthy future. I just need to keep things in perspective and keep pushing forward.

Hope you all have a great day and better week!
  • Jensmakingprogress
    @jenbroussard71 I’m not sure if this will help, but when I start fixating on the scale, I try to look at where I’ve come from. You’ve lost 27 pounds in three months! That’s fantastic progress. You were sick and still hit your activity and nutrition goals. Prednisone is a nasty drug, even if a necessary one. I’m sure once you’re finished with meds, since you’ve stayed consistent with everything else, you’ll be excited by the rebound your body makes.
  • jo_casey42
    I've been struggling lately. I just don't have the mindset. I have gained and lost the same pound for the last couple weeks. I had company over last night and had a few beers. Gained a whole pound today. Hopefully it's water weight but it's so frustrating that one night could cause that much damage. It takes so long to lose a pound and then it's just gained back so quickly. I'm getting frustrated with myself. Like last night I told myself to only have one bun with this healthy chili I made and I ended up having 3. I just couldn't help myself and did not have the willpower. Today is total reset day.

Goals:
    Eat as many zero point foods as I can
    Drink two tumblers of water
    go for an hour walk with my puppy
    Track everything

CW: 237.4

I still have to look at those numbers and remember that I have still lost over 15 pounds which is progress.

One day at a time
    One pound at a time.

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday
  • jenbroussard71
    @Jensmakingprogress Thank you for the encouragement. I am having rough time keeping it all in balance. I keep telling myself that this process will become second nature and I won't have to be so strict about it in the future, but I am impatient waiting for that day. This is a journey and not a race and that is what I need to remember. No one's journey is the same nor is it perfect.

I hope that I am not coming off as negative when I post. There are multiple things going on right now and all of these things are making me feel off. What's funny is that I am super emotional today and I cannot put my finger on the one thing that is causing it. It's not fun being an overthinker who feels the need to fix everything....I keep telling myself this too shall pass.
  • jenbroussard71
    @jo_casey42 Did you enjoy your evening? If yes, then give yourself some grace. What I am about to write is the same advice that I need to hear myself. If you are on track the majority of the time then the progress will show. @Jensmakingprogress mentioned something this morning that might be helpful for you too:

"I’m not sure if this will help, but when I start fixating on the scale, I try to look at where I’ve come from."

Hope you have a great day!

• Jensmakingprogress

I hope that I am not coming off as negative when I post. There are multiple things going on right now and all of these things are making me feel off. What's funny is that I am super emotional today and I cannot put my finger on the one thing that is causing it. It's not fun being an overthinker who feels the need to fix everything....I keep telling myself this too shall pass.

Not negative at all! Honest and transparent. I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but it helps to know that there are other people going through the same struggles I am. It’s one reason why I like dropping into this thread regularly. We can celebrate the wins together and remind each other that we’re not alone when we’re struggling.
  • jo_casey42
    @jo_casey42 Did you enjoy your evening? If yes, then give yourself some grace. What I am about to write is the same advice that I need to hear myself. If you are on track the majority of the time then the progress will show. @Jensmakingprogress mentioned something this morning that might be helpful for you too:

"I’m not sure if this will help, but when I start fixating on the scale, I try to look at where I’ve come from."

Hope you have a great day!

Thank you for this. I'm starting fresh today and going to put all those negative emotions behind me. I had a bad moment when I posted and was really down on myself. I guess I see my weight loss with a deadline with my wedding coming up so I get inpatient sometimes. One pound at a time!

I hope everyone has a good day.
  • quolwy
    quolwy Posts: 73 Member
    Hey there, just checking in with my updates!

Starting weight: 219 lbs (6/10/24)
    Ending weight: 212.2 lbs (7/31/24)
    Total loss: -6.8lbs
    Goal weight: 150-165lbs
    Goal Body Fat: 20-25%

Goals for August: ✔
    - Work 4 days/week ✔
    - Walk 10k steps minimum 3x/week ✔
    - Log meals daily and accurately ✔
    - Gym 3x/week ✔
    - Drink more water and less sugar ✔
    - Treat myself once/week with a self date ✔
    - Weigh in at 208lbs at the end of the month (-5.6lbs)

AUGUST:
    1st: 213.6 lbs
    2nd: 212.4 lbs
    3rd: 212.8 lbs
    4th: 212.4 lbs
    5th: 213 lbs
    6th: 212.6 lbs
    7th: 211.6 lbs
    8th: 210.8 lbs
    9th: 211 lbs
    10th: Camping
    11th: Camping
    12th: Camping
    14th: 214 lbs
    15th: 213.6 lbs

Non weight Successes:
    - Joined an extra class at the gym on Friday in lieu of knowing I wouldn't be able to go on Saturday (regular day) so I was still able to maintain the goal of going to the gym 3x/week
    - Loaded up on healthy groceries yesterday, so now I have TONS of options between fruits and veg to snack on, and lots of ideas for healthy meals!

So, I made a slight error by not bringing any of my own snacks/food for Camping since my boyfriend was told his friends were bringing everything. That resulted it us just eating ramen, hot dogs, and hamburgers, along with doritos and other unhealthy snacks. I was also at the mercy of the group getting hungry, as they were the ones with the cookware, which resulted in a lot of snacking when everyone skipped lunch in lieu of getting drunk 🙃 Needless to say I'm expecting a big jump in the scale for the next week, as tracking showed me coming in at around 3k calories/day compared to the 1500 I'm eating in my deficit. Not a big deal but it will put me back 😂🥲.
  • jo_casey42
    First Goal: Onederland
    UGW: TBD

Goals:
    30-60 min walk most days of the week.
    Weigh in daily
    Track everything no matter what
    Eat lots and lots of zero point foods
    WW Workshop everyday
    Get 8 hours of sleep
    Drink lots of water

Weigh in day Thursdays
    Aug 1: 236.8
    Aug 8: 237.2
    Aug 15: 235
    Aug 22:
    Aug 29:
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,812 Member
    I'm Charissa
    63 years young
    Dropping in for August but really won't get back on track with real focus until September.
    Move - Finished but not unpacked.
    Vacation - Successfully completed
    [Stats & Goals]
    Starting Weight: 223.6 January / 0
    Starting Weight: 215.0 February / 8.6
    Starting Weight: 215.4 March / 8.2
    Starting Weight: 219.2 April / 5.2
    Starting Weight: 218.4 May / 3.2
    Starting Weight: 220.4 June /
    Starting Weight: 222.2 July/
    Starting Weight: 222.2 Aug/

Goals for 2024 > Trend downwards. My ultimate goal weight is between 140 - 150. While I'd like to lose about 5lbs a month, I'm focusing instead on actions that could/should result in that loss.

Goals and Targets for September (Will aim for August but not beating myself up as I get back into stride)
    - Tracking/Under Calorie Budget >
    Plan for 1250 - Flex for 400 = 1650 (1250 - 1650) 🍎
    - Macros - hit Protein >
    Plan for 150. 100 is acceptable. (100 - 150) ✅
    - Water - 80oz minimum >
    Pushing myself here and that's ok!
    Not less than 70 is acceptable (70 - 100)💧
    - Closing my rings M-S🚶🏽10k Steps a bonus!

August
    8/3 vacation
    8/10 vacation
    8/17
    8/24
    8/31
  • Jensmakingprogress
    SW: 223

Small goal weight: Onederland
    GW: Whatever weight I am when I hit the physique I’m looking for.

Monthly Goals:
    90-100 oz of water
    2 mile walk
    Mobility improvement
    Core building
    Increase daily protein intake

Weigh in day Friday
    Aug 2: 207
    Aug 9: 205
    Aug 16: 203
    Aug 23:
    Aug 30
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited August 16
    I actually got back to losing but that just got me to my low at the beginning of the month/end of the last month. We had a big family party now that our house is in better shape for entertaining. Still have things to do on the house. I am hovering around mid 250's trying to get into the low 250's. I only went over my TDEE 1 day this month so I am eating at a deficit.

However I am happy about reaching my goal of getting 30 minutes of exercise in on all the weekdays and we have about 50 minutes of Aquafit on Sunday mornings. 2 of these days were strength training days this week. I am also happy about meeting my goal in upping my steps and NEAT. After and before the party I have been doing well at meal planning, grocery shopping and cooking at home. My youngest usually cooks one meal a week. My husband is cooking less but he often puts together an easy meal I plan once a week. He is supposed to cook 1 meal on his own but he usually does weekend breakfasts. So we are not going out as much so that is going well.

I think that I need to find out what works with losing weight while exercising more. Although I want to keep 30 minutes a day as my minimum/normal exercise time I want to get so I can walk longer so I want to work up to a long walk every week.

I am reading the book Outlive and I am sure it will inform my health goals. It is about preventing the big diseases we all die from before they damage our health. He has become an expert in longevity but his focus is in lengthening healthspan not just lifespan. He says that these diseases start decades longer than when they are diagnosed and we need to address them earlier than the standards of medicine allows for. This is really a book for those in their late 30s and early 40s who have a chance to prevent health issues before they ruin their quality of life. However as a 70 year old I want to do what I can now.
    I was researching before starting this book and this book confirms that much of our health problems come down to metabolic issues.

I have read all of your posts. Keep up the good work. Hopefully I will post again soon with some weight loss.